Fundraising (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Hey guys,
i need some suggestions ... im on the src at my school and we're looking for new fundraising... just wondering wat everyone has at their school or if they have any ideas... thanks xoxo

tempco

HSC
There's always food... like a barbeque, and sell the sausages for insanely high prices... worked for my school.

Agent Z

HSC
Mufti days are old now...

well it depends what kind of school you go to: co-ed, private, public, single sex...

different schools would have different things.....for example wyou souldnt normally have a fundrasing activity thats in a all boys school held in a all girls school....well i guess it depends on the type of activity

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
Hey guys,
i need some suggestions ... im on the src at my school and we're looking for new fundraising... just wondering wat everyone has at their school or if they have any ideas... thanks xoxo
Hi, I was in the fundraising committee 2003 so let me give you some advice and handy hints.

Here's what we did
1) Donut day
2) Valentine Roses day
3) Gummi Bear Guessing
4) Another donut day
5) St Patrick wear something green with the uniform day- don't bother doing this, many people just don't give a damn if it's not full mufti
6) Mufti day

I have to say our most successful fundraising is the mufti day!!
Donut days weren't that bad except the first time, the canteen lady who placed the order for us order too few!! the second time the donuts were too many but variety were too few!!

Out of all the above, the only one that I recommend you to do is the Donut day.

So if you are thinking of a donut day. Make sure:
1) Don't let the canteen lady in charge! their average sales of donut in canteen cannot estimate how many donut you can order!! Do it yourself. Also make sure that you take the no. of preordered donut into account in adjusting the sales. coz our first one, there were many preorders in which the canteen lady didn't take into account and we end up not having enough for the sales during recess and lunch.
eg. they ordered 250 donuts for us
Teacher's preorder: around 140
Donuts left for sale: around 90
People in the school: 1200. duh!

2) Make sure order form is available!! especially for teachers who do buy a lot on order form. We failed the second time coz we didn't do that!!

3) Think about how much money you wanna raise. Think about the selling price of the donut, canteen selling price, and the price that you purchased them from the wholesalers. Set a target you wanna achieve

4) Order fancy donuts, like those really nice cream eclair and cream and jam donuts, things that you don't usually get in the canteen!! the let-down of our second donut day was ordering too many of those not-so-appealing heartshape donuts with no holes and with ugly icings. Some donuts to consider
* Pineapple donut (that's what they call)
* Torpedo (I think there was something like that)
* Eclairs
* Jam and cream
* Jam
* and whatever fancy one you can find
Actually, cinnamon donut sell quite well too!

5) make sure you let your canteen know not to sell donut on that day! While setting up a counter somewhere in the school for selling those donuts, also make sure you carry a tray to walk around for those lazy bastards who can't be bothered going there to get the donuts, as well as going around the staffroom to ask teachers if they want any.

6) Preparation is also important, organise people who have free periods before recess or before lunch to help to set up. Make sure you make annoucements at assembly about the forth coming donut day, make it all exciting and stuff. have posters around the school. etc

Well, if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line. I know quite a lot about fundraising and stuff

Also, a cake day is very effective too!! except we didn't do it this year :(

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
The previous experiences were from fundraising committee. From our SRC, we did something like

* Fairy floss selling
* Karaoke contest
* Talent quest (in proposal)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think most schools have them, but we'd have a disco once a term and make about 2 grand each time

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
What about getting ppl to sell chocolates... it would be a continuous thing though, depends how long you've got to fundraise...do Cadbury fundraising cos u can make a 100% profit and they have a pretty big range of chocolates

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
KRISPY KREMES

Krispy kremes (has anyone heard of them - tehy are the best donuts in the world) they have fundraising packages so im going to find out more info.. thanks for ur help==please post any other suggestions xoxo

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
Krispy kremes (has anyone heard of them - tehy are the best donuts in the world) they have fundraising packages so im going to find out more info.. thanks for ur help==please post any other suggestions xoxo
yeh our school did that, they made like 9k i think

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
our school is currently doing Krispy Kreme. unfortunately, us Year 12ers have no luck :( coz we are already out of school

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh krispy kreme is ur best bet.. people pay normal $11 for dozen and the school gets $5 from every box sold.. and because they are pre paid theres no leftovers... and everyone loves krispy kreme (even though they r like so fattening)
i also know of a school that organised a movie session just for the school for some advanced screening.. it was like $13 or something and u got popcorn and a small drink with it... find out about it

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Why does everyone like Krispy Kreme so much...personally I can't really stand their doughnuts. Am I the only one?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Our school had an envelope appeal where they sent envelopes home for parents to donate money (this is where the school gets their serious cash next to fees)
We also have the seniors + parents formal dinner where they make like $50 extra a head (charge $100 and get $50 for it) which is pretty good cos usually bout 300 ppl go (very traditional)
We don't have mufti days cos the uniform is strict and you're generally not allowed to enter the school grounds as a student without your uniform on (and certainly not public transport).
Try things like crazy hair days, food days always work (have a special morning tea and invite parents or grandparents or something), and if your school allows it, mufti days go down well.

Natalie Chicken

HSC
to those who have done the krispy kreme'e fundraising thing... how do i go about organising it? do i just call the krispy kreme place in penrith n order... or do i tell them i want a deal cause its for a fundraiser?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by yenta
Why does everyone like Krispy Kreme so much...personally I can't really stand their doughnuts. Am I the only one?
im not a sydneysider, theres no krispy kreme stores near me, so ive never tried them. next time i come down to sydney though i am going to make it a point to try one.
im hoping i wont be disapointed, everyone raves about them so much, so if i dont like them it will be kinda a let down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)