Question- (1 Viewer)

lightenup

My friend told me there is no real point in looking at your HSC results on the 18th Dec, as the UAI (released the nest day) counts for everything.

Is it possibly to go really bad in your marks and well in your UAI (or other way around!)...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You can get a very good accuracy of the 2003 UAI using UAISeeker by inputting the results there.

Since the results are released the day before, you'd might as well look. Not like it will do you any harm.

Originally posted by lightenup
Is it possibly to go really bad in your marks and well in your UAI (or other way around!)...
Depends on which subjects you are doing.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC

Well, 'going bad' is relative, what might be a shit mark for someone may be an awesome mark for someone else. But, for an example, with relatively well scaled subjects, it is very likely that you could get a low 90's UAI with marks in the high 80s for every subject.
However, it is also very likely for someone who gets all their marks in the mid 70s to get a UAI in the mid 60s.
So yes, I will not be looking at my results on the 18th of December, I will be waiting till the 19th to look at my UAI first cos I don't want to be guessing for a day...

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Doubt I'd be able to sleep as well.

Your tertiary education depends on a few annoying numbers :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
im not getting my marks first, im going to get my UAI first, then my marks.
this will kinda answer your question
the reason i am not getting my marks first is i know of a few people that did relatively well in their marks, but because of the subjects they did still got a really really really crap UAI.
so i dont want to get my marks then be trying to guess what my UAI is, incase i over-guess and then are disapointed.

N

ND

Originally posted by Ms 12
Well, 'going bad' is relative, what might be a shit mark for someone may be an awesome mark for someone else. But, for an example, with relatively well scaled subjects, it is possible to get a low 90's UAI with marks in the high 80s for every subject.

High 80s with good subjects will get you a UAI in the high 90s.

Your tertiary education depends on a few annoying numbers :p
And a year of hard work. :p (or a few weeks in some cases)

N

ND

No, not high 90s
With my subjects (most of which don't scale that well anyway): maths 4u; 3u; chem; phys; eng adv, UAIseeker gives a UAI of 98.45 when the aligned mark is at 88 for all of them. If they were subjects that scaled well, it'd be even higher.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I am too impatient. I will have to look at my marks, I couldn't not look at them immediately!!!!!! I can't stand waiting! I will then suffer 24 hours of turmoil wondering what UAI they will fetch me....

N

ND

Don't hold your breath.....
Actually it's pretty accurate; i've gone through the '02 'HSC Marks' thread inputting marks then comparing them with their corresponding UAI from the UAI thread. Most were about +-.05 off.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by ND
Actually it's pretty accurate; i've gone through the '02 'HSC Marks' thread inputting marks then comparing them with their corresponding UAI from the UAI thread. Most were about +-.05 off.
well of course, since laz, prolly used all those data, for his program. :D

N

ND

I don't think it works like that; if it did then all the UAI's posted would be perfect matches with UAIseeker's prediction (which isn't the case).

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by ND
I don't think it works like that; if it did then all the UAI's posted would be perfect matches with UAIseeker's prediction (which isn't the case).
well i guess the 0.05 was a rounding error. :p :D

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
My friend told me there is no real point in looking at your HSC results on the 18th Dec, as the UAI (released the nest day) counts for everything.

1) Yes there's a point, at least you get to know whether you'd be on the honour roll for certain subjects

2) possibly, but may not be really bad. it depends on the subject.

N

ND

Originally posted by sugaryblue
yes it's possible if you do subjects like
Extensions
physics
chemistry
and other high scaling subjects
Chem and phys aren't exactly "high scaling subjects".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)