Morale Dillema (1 Viewer)

MiKeY

HSC
Hey everyone.

I've been thinking about this for ages... but.. in the HSC exam, I was sitting near a friend of mine, and all was normal - but I saw her look inside her pencil case during the exam (there was only 1 supervisor coz its a small class) and straight after that she started writing furiously on the paper. (no, she didn't get a pen out).

I'm 99% sure she cheated. i.e. wrote down something in her pencil case, and saw it in the exam and .. well.. cheated.

I haven't spoken to her about it.. but well.. it's been bugging me HEAPS lately, and it's probably too late and they won't believe me but I'm thinking of telling my principal.

I know it's mean coz she's my friend, but ergh, it's been buggin the hell outta me.

What should I do?:confused:

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Thats a really tricky situation. If I was in that situation I would report it. Your principal should understand the difficulty of you reporting it. Its the right thing to do, well in my view.

Winston

HSC
meh don't bother things all equal out in the end, you should mind your own business and not care about it to be honest, i mean what possibly would they do, BOS won't go an investigate into it, and besides the exams have ended, and you should of told the principal after the exam. Besides you can't have pencil cases in the exams strange that she got one in, you had to have your stuff in some transparent holder i.e. a cover slip.

MiKeY

HSC
Hmm..

Aye?

We never got any such thing to put our stuff in. We were allowed to go in with our normal pencil cases. Every exam I had my pencil case in it - which wasn't see through. :confused:

Argh.. I don't know what to do. :rolleyes:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
If its really bugging you talk to your year advisor without any names and discuss what you can do with them.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i would just leave it, cuz in the long run no one is gonna care, you will move on with ur lives... i would have told the supervisor on spot.... no concession even for friends... but consdiering u didnt do it on spot.... i prob would just leave it..

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Mikey... my advice is this.

If it bothers you so much that its constantly on your mind. Then do something about it.

If its just something that bothers you from time to time... then I'd say its up to you.

If it rarely bothers you... then don't bother.

Thats all I can offer. Sorry I couldn't be more help...

is a roflcopter
HSC
what kinda friend would even consider dobbing in a mate? and for something as stupid as the hsc :rolleyes:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, i sorta have the same dillemma in that many kids in my skool cheat like full on- to extent of using mobile phones sometimes (well it occured in skool certificate), and sometimes i mite notice the guy next to me copying my answers- well i really don't bother coz even if i told them they need proof and its not like they will do anything and also it mite mean that u loose ya friendship over a stupid thing like hsc- so yeah, its not worth it IMO.

other kids in my skool, tell me that if anything- them cheating is only gonna scale us up. :p

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, i sorta have the same dillemma in that many kids in my skool cheat like full on- to extent of using mobile phones sometimes (well it occured in skool certificate), and sometimes i mite notice the guy next to me copying my answers- well i really don't bother coz even if i told them they need proof and its not like they will do anything and also it mite mean that u loose ya friendship over a stupid thing like hsc- so yeah, its not worth it IMO.

other kids in my skool, tell me that if anything- them cheating is only gonna scale us up. :p
Originally posted by Newbie
what kinda friend would even consider dobbing in a mate? and for something as stupid as the hsc :rolleyes:
The phrase is
"they're only cheating themselves"

Still. I believe its right to tell the people that you at least know. Make them realise what they did was wrong. Even if you don't go forward.

Don't make threats. Just let them know, tell them what you think.

The truth is a powerful ally. Just as it is a powerful enemy.

If you make them think they won't always get away with it... then they'll think twice about doing it again. If you nail them again in later life, then they know other people will have too.

If you won't take chances to tell, then attempt to guide them...

Guide or Protect.

The choice is yours...

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
It's probably too late now anyway...if you catch someone cheating, you'd probably have to report it before they leave the exam room for them to do anything about it.
I would just leave it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)