australias best schools (1 Viewer)

sp0radic

in The Australian there is a liftout or something on the best schools in Australia.

Anyone have this??

scan it for me plz?? tell me the best schools?? thanks..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Look out for the Saturday edition of The Australian
thats when they will announce the Best School in Australia

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol...not another one, i thought that such a publication would actually reconsider putting such an article out, not only does it promote even fierecer competition but also singles out those who didnt make it, thus making them somewhat defensive and failures...

sp0radic

lol yeah. I hope James Ruse doesn't appear on the publication lol :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by sp0radic
k cool.. I hope it isn't James Ruse.
well maybe its not, coz they mite look at the skool not just academicly, but also its sporting achievements, facilities etc....so yeah, theres a chance that james ruse wouldn't be it. :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
well maybe its not, coz they mite look at the skool not just academicly, but also its sporting achievements, facilities etc....so yeah, theres a chance that james ruse wouldn't be it. :D
i agree, i think they will look at more than academic results

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i think in the papers yeatserday of sumfing.. there was an article about how james ruse isnt the most preffered selective school.. its second :D

like it had the amount of students who put first james ruse as their first choice to be about 800... i baulkulm hills killed everyone with 1000 or so first preference selections

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
really??? Like wow! :p

God, these best schools things are so dodgy. Why criteria do they judge it on?

Our school won something from the Australian. can't remember what, but our principal got the award printed on this big piece of material and hung it outside the school so the people passing by could see what a fab school it is...

Young'un

HSC
N/A
Even going academically, James Ruse wouldn't necessarily win.

To get a proper idea, you need to compare School Certificate marks with Basic Skills test marks.

The school which improves most, is academically the best. James Ruse only goes well because they have naturally intelligent people.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Young'un
The school which improves most, is academically the best. James Ruse only goes well because they have naturally intelligent people.
i wuold agree so too...

same thing with tutors.. theres a tutor near me that skims purposely the top kids and he tutors them only.. the only reason why they get high UAIs from his college is because he takes prestegiuos selective school students and allocates a test for thsoe that arent.. obviuosly if u failed, then u cant get in..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol...

there is one thing to say...

the best school must be said to be one constructed purely of chocolate....ohh we're talking about best school with regards to students...

pfft...

who needs one of those ranks...easy formula...
High achievers aka ruse and other schools ( usually not always thus meaning it is a generalisation but has not of yet been proven wrong ) = lack of intereactivity with the real world....

its a ying yang thing, you cannot study the whole of your high school year and expect to also be social adept...it doesnt work out both ways unless you balance the two, and the fierceness of the competition within those schools is ridiculous we have kids suffering from depression and failure symptoms even though they are still extremely bright compared to the rest...

it sickens me no end

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeah well
i think they should judge on everything - e.g. a school might be excellent academically, but it might be full of unsociable knobs who know shit about anything except school-related stuff
you gotta look at everything, which is why ruse probably wouldnt come first

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i'd say a lot of those ruse chicks are 'socially adept' :D:p
dunno about the guys there though...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
hahah yeah
the people i know at ruse are alright, but then again theyre all from tutor

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
meh..i dun go to any tutor, so i wouldn't know, but from what i've seen of them, they're not as bad as they're stereotyped to be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)