Handing in Assignments via Someone Else if You're Away? (1 Viewer)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I just did this, I'm ill but I had my assessment/assignment done so I rocked up, gave it to a mate of mine and she's going to hand it in for me. Is this all legit and what not? I could have gone to the teacher but I couldn't find her and I just wanted to get back home to sleep!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well it's different for every school, depending on what your procedures are like. it should be fine

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
I just did this, I'm ill but I had my assessment/assignment done so I rocked up, gave it to a mate of mine and she's going to hand it in for me. Is this all legit and what not? I could have gone to the teacher but I couldn't find her and I just wanted to get back home to sleep!
it should be okay. as long as it gets to the teacher on the due date. i think that a doctors certificate is legit if u hand it in the day after.
procedures at my school is that, if you stay home the day before the assesment task is due, then you automatically get 10% off, unless you have vidence and a legit reason.

if you just wanted to go home and sleeep shows how lazy you are and ill prepared you are for year 12 .. i think you should really pull your socks up, because i think that if your just staying home because you want to sleep in, then you might as well not go to school... ahh sorry for being picky, but year 12 demands alot. plus if you stay at home one day, you have to make time to catch up on the work you missed out on... i remeber going home sick and i have to catch up on like 3 subjects... i hated it.. because it killed time for other things.. :(

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I would be worried about staying home except that we don't do anything at school. Seriously, most lessons the teacher goes off on some tangent about something ridiculous.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
We get an automtaic 20% off dammit! Anyway, as long as the assignment is in before the deadline and it doesn't have to be signed off for (some teachers do that) then it should be right.
Besides, it's not a test, you don't have to turn up, the assignment just has to turn up at the right time, regardless of how it gets there.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Why do all these schools have policies that if students take the day before off they get marks off? That's not really fair, most students need that time to cram. Our school doesn't have a policy like that...

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
It should be fine, unless your teacher makes you sign a form or something as your handing it in...a few of my high school teachers did that. (for what reason, I do not know). But if it's just a matter of handing it over, I don't see the problem...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
if you just wanted to go home and sleeep shows how lazy you are and ill prepared you are for year 12 .. i think you should really pull your socks up, because i think that if your just staying home because you want to sleep in, then you might as well not go to school
did you not read the part where they said they were ill? are you seriously telling me that when you are sick then you are still up'n'at'em? or do you want to spend most of the day asleep too?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
did you not read the part where they said they were ill? are you seriously telling me that when you are sick then you are still up'n'at'em? or do you want to spend most of the day asleep too?

whoops ! :( sorry.. i forgot about that..
umm when i am sick. i still go.. my parents want a good attendence rate for me.. which really hasnt worked out.. mianly because i stayed home for 3 days straight due to HSC exams.. but mehh .....

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
myschool has a policy where you have to be at school every day for a week before an assessent period starts... because otherwise, people can stay at home and cram therefore giving themselves unfair advantage over people who -have- to be at school for whatver reason...

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
myschool has a policy where you have to be at school every day for a week before an assessent period starts... because otherwise, people can stay at home and cram therefore giving themselves unfair advantage over people who -have- to be at school for whatver reason...
I think that is fair, in a way...and people have to learn how to manage their time better so they aren't taking time off before things are due. But it's an inconvience for those who actually do happen to be sick immediately before an assessment.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i agree that it's fair, it's also a pain in the ass ;-p
if you're sick or have a geniune reason for your absence, and can prove it, that's different... they don't penalise you for that

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC

if you're sick or have a geniune reason for your absence, and can prove it, that's different... they don't penalise you for that
yeah, but then you'd have to go get a medical certificate or whatever...which is annoying. I hate medical certificates!

What I really hate is when you are sick enough to miss an exam or something, but you know whats wrong with you and there is no need to go to the Docters and pay $40, and yet you have to go anyway, because you need a certificate...blah. (*going off topic, I know... ;) )

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Hence - why we need Latham for universal bulk-billing. Hurrah for free Dr. Certificates!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if you just wanted to go home and sleeep shows how lazy you are and ill prepared you are for year 12 .. i think you should really pull your socks up, because i think that if your just staying home because you want to sleep in, then you might as well not go to school... ahh sorry for being picky, but year 12 demands alot. plus if you stay at home one day, you have to make time to catch up on the work you missed out on... i remeber going home sick and i have to catch up on like 3 subjects... i hated it.. because it killed time for other things.. :(
ziff wasn't sick?? i assumed he was sick, and that's why he wanted to sleep. in that case you really should have hung round for another 10 mins, but it should be fine
Why do all these schools have policies that if students take the day before off they get marks off? That's not really fair, most students need that time to cram. Our school doesn't have a policy like that...
no, they don't need the time to cram. they do it because it is unfair for the students who come to school, for their peers to have the day off to do the assessments.
whoops ! :( sorry.. i forgot about that..
umm when i am sick. i still go.. my parents want a good attendence rate for me.. which really hasnt worked out.. mianly because i stayed home for 3 days straight due to HSC exams.. but mehh .....
well when you are sick you should really stay home to recover, imo
that's pretty good, teaches people to be organised

miss_pie

HSC
hehe my school doesnt do anything. a friend of mine came to school about 10 mins b4 a class assesment (about 10 to 2, so he had lotsa time) and nothing was done about it, thered be so much admin involved in maintaining where people are and when

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It's an unfair advantage if people miss school to cram. If everyone has to be at school the day before the assessment it's fairer for everyone.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Our school didn't have any sort of policy regarding absences...and I never took advantage of that, I was always at school. But it DID piss me off when the same certain people were invariably away each time, and you knew they were home working.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yep, because they watch tv all night(3hrs), and then stay home to cram (6hrs), while you cram during the night (3hrs), and come to school (6hrs) and it doesn't weigh up

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Also because some of us are more productive on days we don't go to school :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)