Whats going wrong? (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Hey guys
im so stressed!!! :( ive gone from gettting high 80's to 90's for all my subjects to getting in the 60's for all the assessments that ive had so far.. i dont understand!!! i cant remember anything any more it just goes in one ear out the other.. is anyone else experiencing this?? Any advice?
:confused: :uhoh: :(
I cant even play solitaire anymore!! Whats happening?

Last edited:

miss_pie

HSC
sounds like you need holidays. it happens to me towards the end of term aswell and thats always when everything is due which is never a good sign. hope u feel better, go chill out :)

^___^
HSC
blah!

relax
buy urself some alky
drink a lilttle bit
relax again
sleep
have a day off

then start studying again...

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
yeah i think its because every other year at this time ive been preparing for holidays .. like nothing is due .. tests are finished, the years over but this time the year has just started and im totally burnt out!! i need holidays

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well you have a good few weeks, take a good break, make sure you are up to date so you are not stressing when school begins again, and relax!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
Hey guys
im so stressed!!! :( ive gone from gettting high 80's to 90's for all my subjects to getting in the 60's for all the assessments that ive had so far.. i dont understand!!! i cant remember anything any more it just goes in one ear out the other.. is anyone else experiencing this?? Any advice?
:confused: :uhoh: :(
I cant even play solitaire anymore!! Whats happening?
welcome to my world :(

I was just like you, I used to be really good then I struggled so much in year 12. The harder I tried, the worse I did. I didn't understand either. It's not like I haven't studied (or maybe I haven't studied ENOUGH). It was like very disappointing each time. I've been lying to myself each time when i said 'don't worry, perhaps next time will be better.' when I worried more, next time is no better.

I hope I haven't scared you yet, I don't want to discourage you.

BUT don't be like me, don't feel bad, coz I realised, my enthusiasm and self-esteem has dropped so much when I feel disappointed. and in the end, when I should be pushing all my effort towards the last exams, I just crumbled. And to be honest, I have never done so bad before.

I don't want you to end up in the 'down' situation, hon, let's find a way for you.

1) in which subjects did your results drop from 90's to 60s?
2) did you ask the teacher why?
3) how much do you study or how does your study plan work

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
My advice is drink lotsa water. And sleep alot. It does wonders. The above (posts) sounds good too.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
I know im really on edge.. like im so about to topple over i can feel it.. i get like this every now and then - something happens and it just brings down everything! I know wats happend .. for legal studies i had multiple choice questions and i thought i can breeze this so i studied a bit but not as much as i should of .. and i got 10/15 and then i immediately thought shit! and decided that i just couldnt do anything any more and then today had a maths test which i was so confident when walking in and as soon as i sat down i forgot all my formulaes and i just lost it i got 11/17 and straight after that i had a legal studies test and i felt so much like a failure that i dont think i gave it everything i had! ive lost all motivation and everything! my teachers are shocked especially in maths cause it was an easy test the other girl in my class got 100% i just went blank! im starting to have no faith in myself and really doubting my ability to succeed in my final year.. im so apprehensive about leaving school! i have no definite study plan.. ive never really needed too like i did the work when i needed to, did extension work when i felt like it and i was able to grasp things really easy but now its all falling apart.. watever i read i dont understand and i thought i was sweet and was gonna be ok with these tests but then i had a look at the questions and went completely blank! i have to get myself organised over these holidays, set myself in a schedule.. i have a plan of wat im gonna do over the hols on my wall so im hopefully gonna stick by that.. hopefully. has anyone got any tips

is a roflcopter
HSC
the game resets at the end of year 11
theres no point getting caught up in the"...but i did so well last year ..." thing since year 12 is where people actually wake up and play the game seriously

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
im so apprehensive about leaving school! i have no definite study plan..
if you mean for after school, i still don't know what i want to do, don't let it worry you now
I know im really on edge.. like im so about to topple over i can feel it.. i get like this every now and then - something happens and it just brings down everything! I know wats happend .. for legal studies i had multiple choice questions and i thought i can breeze this so i studied a bit but not as much as i should of .. and i got 10/15 and then i immediately thought shit! and decided that i just couldnt do anything any more and then today had a maths test which i was so confident when walking in and as soon as i sat down i forgot all my formulaes and i just lost it i got 11/17 and straight after that i had a legal studies test and i felt so much like a failure that i dont think i gave it everything i had! ive lost all motivation and everything! my teachers are shocked especially in maths cause it was an easy test the other girl in my class got 100% i just went blank! im starting to have no faith in myself and really doubting my ability to succeed in my final year..
i did crap in a few of my first tests as well (and a few others along the way), but worked very hard, put in a consistent effort and in the end came out with good ranks - so you can do it! also, losing faith in yourself is what will bring you down, you have to build up your self confidence again

these are only the 1st assessments, dont worry too much

and go over your forumulas and don't panic in the exams so you don't go blank again! panic = blankness

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yep, I was so burnt out this time of year last year, I know exactly how you are feeling. Don't despair, holidays are less than 2 weeks away!
Get what you need to get done, and take a few days off to calm yourself down and just relax.
Don't stress about assessment marks at the moment, it will all even itself out next round of assessments.

Rahul

Dead Member
have a blanance of study and leisure. plan your time so that you will be peaking at the time of trials, in other words, build up your work time as the year goes on.
other than that, good luck! :)

spice girl

magic mirror
well just in case the holidays doesn't cure your panicky-illness:

* whenever u find that you've forgotten what you've just read, immediately start to take a break. there's no point reading on because it gets worse and worse. however small the break is, it has to be taken...

* explore different methods of studying, but what you're looking for is understanding. you should always walk away learning something new. another thing to look for is a genuine interest in the subject, but trust me, that rarely happens and congrats if it does...

* try to find someone to teach what you've just learnt (whatever that is), to whoever (your friends, or generally anyone who will listen to you). try not to overdo it, cos you'll need friends after the HSC. in return you may be able to get some help in areas you're not familiar with.

* as for definite study plans, never plan too much, cos then you'll never start. your target should be to learn as much as necessary to get you the marks you want, and not something timewise (like 4 hours a day). my friend claims to have done up to 6 hours a day on maths, and then i went to see what he means by that (and i found out it was actually one big waste of time, cos his mind was blank most of the time)

i'll type in more when i think of it...

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I totally understand where you're coming from mazza because I found term 1 of yr 12 the HARDEST term to make it through because suddenly the reality of the importance of the year set in and the expectations I placed on myself were in full swing.

The reality is, it is ONLY the beginning so learn from you're mistakes and overcome your fears in the first term. Take a day or two off to reflect and relax and then get back into it.

The best advice I can give you is to not let your psychological fear which is totally unfounded and superfluous dictate your mind and body over the course of the coming year. Year 12 is a psychological challenge as much as it is a mental challenge.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Also remember a lot of other people who were "sleepers" will get their asses in to line and start working in Yr 12 so there might be people doing better than you now who used to do worse than you.

The worst thing you can do is stress. Just keep on trying, don't stress, stay healthy and things will turn around. You can only try your best....

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
try anything to imagine, deceive, lie, manipulate, and coax yourself into pretending... no, beliveing you actually enjoy doing the subject, and are interested in the intracacies of rote learning by first hand experience. any interest is good... even false:D don't bash yourself to study, that screws things up and makes it worse

competition is a good source of motivation. don't over step it though.

teaching is good way to learn stuff, as spice girl said. explaining something to someone will make your brain absorb the whole concept alot easier than sitting infront of a book for hours.

Try not to be disappointed. Always look on the positive side (without disillusioning yourself) and dont get depressed (you'll only dig yourself in2 a hole) . Dont worry too much or be anxious(i know easier said than done) about results or assessments, rather spend the effort on preparing yourselves for them by studying. whats done is done, you cant change them, but you sure can do something about the future.

take breaks. enjoy more. it helps to take you mind off the studies periodically. besides, since its your last year of school, make it the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)