question about first in subject and all-rounders (1 Viewer)

mermaid

do they get notified about this before the hsc results are released.....so all rounders get to know their results before thrurdays by mail or something...coz newspapers ofetn have these results before the merit list....and they attend award ceremony things with the education prime minister so does it mean they get notified about their results earlier....also do they get any prizes

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
are you hopeful? ha, i dunno, i wasnt either, but last year a guy called martin got first in something and he knew before anyone else did, but only about that subject, not all of them.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah thats right - if u come first in a subject, u get notified about it, but as said, only for that subject

Winston

HSC
doesnt the people who get like 99 for their UAI get notified earlier as well?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
doesnt the people who get like 99 for their UAI get notified earlier as well?
only the people with 100, unfortunately. :(

*shakes fist at pigs_can_fly*

Last edited:

mermaid

but what about all-rounder (everything over 90)...dont they get notified earlier as well since i always see them on newspaper before everyone else- the honour roll....and they attend some ceremony as well

Huy

HSC
N/A
Well if you're notified for coming first in a subject, you'll most likely be scoring a Band 6 (on the honour roll). If you've come first for quite a few subjects, you'll be receiving a Premier's Award (the 'ceremony').

I should think that Premier's Award recipients are notified, before the release of HSC Marks, seeing as though some of them will 'double up' on receiving first place in a course. If you're first in a course, you'll be notified - if you're receiving a Premier's Award, I think that you'd also be told, in the one phonecall. I don't see why they should notify everybody on two separate occasions.

"You're on the honour roll! Congratulations!" (Band 6)

(tens minutes later)

"By the way, you're also first in the state! Congratulations"

(twenty minutes later)

"We forgot to tell you, you're getting a Premier's Award! Congratulations" (Band 6 in ten units or more). :)

I don't know how it works, but I'm sure someone'll post on BOS, expressing their delight.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
honour roll people dont get notified, only firsts and all rounders and premiers people. i was honour rolled for a subject but i wasnt notified, there's too many people who get honour rolled, they'd be on the phone forever.

Huy

HSC
N/A
All rounders are the "Premiers people". You're right about the honour roll (merit list), that'd take forever (and also, you've got people who are multiple honour-rollers, receiving Premier's Awards, and/or coming first in the state).

We'll know in a few days time, about first place recipients (topping the state) and Premier's Awards. :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
We'll know in a few days time, about first place recipients (topping the state) and Premier's Awards. :)
well if it's anyone here let us know about it!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
well if it's anyone here let us know about it!
Originally posted by Huy
...but I'm sure someone'll post on BOS, expressing their delight.
Two steps ahead of you iambored. ;)

Winston

HSC
*me waits for Huy to reply with a post saying "I just got a phone call, i'm first in the state for IPT! :D" * ;)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
*me waits for Huy to reply with a post saying "I just got a phone call, i'm first in the state for IPT! :D" * ;)
Originally posted by juggernaut
yeh, did u top ipt Huy??????
You guys give me too much credit there, and no, I didn't top it. :shy: I don't even think the Board would call anybody on a Sunday, the day of rest. ;)

Mike85

I actually don't think all-rounders are informed.... they just find out on the 18th. They are then published in the paper as 'All-Rounders', and are given a Premiers award at a ceremony sometime next year. It's only those who top a course that find out early, and those who obtain a UAI of 100 find out early as well.
Everyone else has to wait.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
DO we just have to get "Sydney Morning Herald" if we want to see if a person got over 90 or something? And what date could we get it?

and, where do we get the honour roll, i remember last year, i downloaded it off this website...and

does the BOARD of studies make it??(they prolly do!)

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
You don't have to buy the SMH, but you can buy it as a keepsake (if your name appears in it). The honour roll (or merit list) is identical to what appears in the SMH, as it lists students who are placed in the 90+ (Band 6) range.

The Board of Studies NSW will normally publish (on their website) a listing of students who appear on the merit list, however I believe BOS (this forum) will be able to compile a list, in spreadsheet (Excel) format, available for download shortly after the Board of Studies publish their list. :)

Edit
From the merit listing, appearing on the Board, the BOS (this forum) can also compile an updated listing of the Top schools in the State, via the amount of merit list mentions.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by perfectionist
Btw, what date do they publish it on? 18th Dec?

Thanks Huy:)
No problems perfectionist.

It would be the morning of the 18th if I'm not mistaken, with those who have topped the state being notified earlier, along with those who have received 100.00 UAI (that is, if Mike85's post is correct). :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)