feeling weird (1 Viewer)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
for every assessment i do... afterwards i get a weird feeling, its like i feel that i made a silly mistake or missed a question and can't concentrate on the next assessment. im always thinking about what i possibly did wrong in the last assessment and if i knew for sure it was wrong then im thinking 'only if i could...' when its impossible to turn back time.

so does anyone have any advises on how i may get rid off this annoying feeling?

juggernaut

HSC
doing assessments/after handing them in:
force urself to have a no regrets attitude... be self-confident.. trust yourself

after getting back marks:
everyone gets the feeling of "if only i did this"... when the answer is revealed to u, the question u once could not establish an answer for seems SO simple, and thus u believe u did in fact know it the whole time, and so u get angry at yourself thinking 'ur an idiot why didnt u put that, u knew it!!!".
i think its just human nature

overall, if u tried your best then theres nothing else u can do, just be happy with yourself

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by juggernaut
overall, if u tried your best then theres nothing else u can do, just be happy with yourself
yea i know... i should be thinking like that. but im not. its like i feel cheated especially when i tried my best and i didn't get the mark that thought i would get or deserved. :(

for example i got my 4u math assessment mark back today... i came first but still i feel bad, because i put so much effort into studying for it and the test was rather easy that i thought i should score 100% for.

i need to get some counselling... thats what my math teacher told me...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i guess its completely natural to want to go back and change things and to have the 'what if' thoughts, you're entire life will prob be plagued by 'what if' but i guess what you have to do is just sit back and think "whats done is done, i cant change it" and be happy with what you got
i know its easier said than done, but i had to do it this year, and it has worked for me

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
jess has this amazing way of making everybody feel happy. :p

be proud of what you've done and what you have achieved, and always look to improve. You can't improve by feeling bad so the first improvement is being happy :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i know how you feel, i don't get it with exams but more with people, it's like unfinished buisness, like you missed out on something.

you have to realise that you can't change it, that you did your best at the time and there was nothing more you could do.

think back and think about why you may have done the things. e.g. "why didn't i check over properly?" the answer may be that you were rushing for time and couldn't concentrate with the pressure of 30 sec left. if you think back and realise that you did the best when you did, you will realise that it's not so bad.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
umm... thanks for those advises guys :)

but the most annoying feeling is not knowing whether i did something wrong or not...

its like for the chemistry exam... i don't know if i wrote the equilibrium will 'shift left' and whether i wrote fusion or fission. i think got mixed up with left/right and fusion/fission, and im still thinking about it after 1 month and i guess i will never know the answer... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)