the list of terms (1 Viewer)

timace

haaarrr.
HSC
does anyone have that list of terms? i seem to lose every copy i get. having it on the comp would be a good idea i reckon.

as i say:
i should give up school
its a WASTE OF TIME
i do one subject that even matters to what i want to do
how is it that we do 2 years of work, and then they think they can fit all of that into a 3 hour exam and it "proves" whether or not you know whats right
yr 11&12 maths and english should be optional
if you're going to be a brickie, you dont need to know simpsons rule or how to work out the register of a text, or write an essay

del

HSC
N/A
um, maths is optional.....

sunny

meh.
HSC
hehe! :eek:

Jess, I just wish I had the answers to the hsc papers :D

liz

HSC
Hey is it really important to learn those terms. And for what subjects are they benificial for.

sunny

meh.
HSC
YES!!

Most questions in literacy based subjects (that means not just English) will be based around these keywords. If you look at the past papers you will find that alot of the time the questions have these words in it. If you don't answer the question according what the term means, it will be hard to get marks.

In the SDD seminar at usyd, it was said by a lecturer that one of the questions "explain why the printer wouldn't print". Explain is "relate cause and effect". The general comment was that candidates were able to get the cause but did not mention the effect and the max marks for that question they could get was something like 2/5.

If you look at the standards package, you will find alot of the time the marker's comments is that candidates did not answer the question according to the keywords.

So get a copy of that table from the link above, print it out and stick it somewhere you will see and learn them!

im jess

oh i just like the sound of my own voice..... hang on that doesnt work..... i like the look of my own typing... hehe

sunny

meh.
HSC
Well....me too! But most of the time the sound that goes "bang"

<<.....as this little poor fellow is demonstrating

im jess

that poor lil fello has to work 24/7 banging his poor (im sure its probably dented quite servely now) head.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)