UAI confusion (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
i heard that we can access our results on the 18th but it turns out that they meant our subject results,not our actual UAI,that doesnt come out until the 19th...is this right?

also, my school said at presentation nite last nite that we did exceptionally well in the HSC but this must be a load of bs coz they dont know. i mean, dont the schools rely on their students to tell them what they got?

im so over all of this... i had a dream last nite that i got 93.3... a bit of wishful thinking i believe...lol

Huy

HSC
N/A
i heard that we can access our results on the 18th but it turns out that they meant our subject results,not our actual UAI,that doesnt come out until the 19th...is this right?
Yes.

18th - 6am, HSC Results
19th - 9am, UAI Release.
also, my school said at presentation nite last nite that we did exceptionally well in the HSC but this must be a load of bs coz they dont know. i mean, dont the schools rely on their students to tell them what they got?
UAIs yes,
HSC Results, no.

The students tell the schools their UAI, but the schools receive their HSC Results. This means that you don't have to tell the school your UAI. :)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Originally posted by MaryJane
Yep thats correct. You will be able to access your HSC results from 6:00am on the 18th, and then your UAI the following day on the 19th, from 8:00am.

Just guessing here, but they could have been saying that from looking at the years assessment marks, in comparison to last years. Not sure.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by blue_chameleon
and then your UAI the following day on the 19th, from 8:00am.
Year 12 UAIs Friday 19 December 2003

2003 NSW and ACT Year 12 students can view their UAI on this web site from 9am on Friday 19 December 2003. You'll need your UAC Number or Student Number and PIN.

UAC: http://www.uac.edu.au/indexhome.html :)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
so can we see our HSC results on the UAC website?or would it b somewhere on the boArd of studies site? :confused:

Huy

HSC
N/A
so can we see our HSC results on the UAC website?or would it b somewhere on the boArd of studies site? :confused:
No, you cannot access HSC Results (Marks) via UAC, only through the Board or StudentsOnline (which is also part of the Board).

You can, however, access your UAI via UAC.

HSC Results (on the 18th, from 6am).

www.studentsonline.nsw.edu.au

(also accessible via www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au)

UAI (on the 19th, from 9am).

http://www.uac.edu.au/apply/uailogin.html :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by lbft
HSC results are also at www.hscresults.nsw.edu.au.
Please see this thread, second page:

help.....urgent!!!
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20609

You will find that this is the old website, and will only link you to the Alternate Server. Bosho.* is also where Students Online will redirect back to, and so www.hscresults.nsw.edu.au would not be an option, unless you visit Students Online itself.

The Board (www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au) also links back to Students Online, which all ties together, at bosho.*

Bosho.*
https://bosho.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/links/studentsonline.html :)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Many apologies if this has been said before, but when do we receive the letter with our HSC results?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by honky tonk
Many apologies if this has been said before, but when do we receive the letter with our HSC results?
Monday the 22nd - Students receive HSC summaries in the mail. :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC

Originally posted by blue_chameleon

Just guessing here, but they could have been saying that from looking at the years assessment marks, in comparison to last years. Not sure.

Hmm Im wondering if schools (or at least Principals) already have an idea of marks cos I was at my school today and could have sworn one of my teachers was trying to hint to me......

lbft

Geek
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
You will find that this is the old website, and will only link you to the Alternate Server. Bosho.* is also where Students Online will redirect back to, and so www.hscresults.nsw.edu.au would not be an option, unless you visit Students Online itself.
To quote from http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/hsc_results_03.html:

2003 HSC Internet Results Service

Students log onto either:
1. Board of Studies NSW website at www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au or
2. Students Online at www.studentsonline.nsw.edu.au or
3. HSC results website at www.hscresults.nsw.edu.au
hscresults is currently showing a layout similar to studentsonline, but with a different logo. It is also *not* serving pages from bosho, has a different IP and has the Shazian tag which is, IIRC, not on studentsonline.

Edit: also, just looked at www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au, and the two links on the page are now active and pointing to studentsonline and hscresults.

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
Sorry, what I had meant was the Alternate Server, from HSC Results is the same as that of Students Online. When you visit Board of Studies, the two links provided will direct you to Students Online and/or HSC Results. :)

Yep, I understand that HSC Results is not serving pages from Bosho, but it has an alternate server which, aforementioned, links to Students Online instead.

Sorry if you were under the impression that what I was saying had been:

HSC Results = Students Online
Students Online = Board

.'. Board = HSC Results (or something like that).

They have different IP addresses because they are different sub-domains of the larger *.nsw.edu.au, however they have all been registered by the same ISP:

boardofstudies, studentsonline and hscresults are all part of 203.222.143.*, registered by Techex Communications (Manly). :)

lbft

Geek
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
They have different IP addresses because they are different sub-domains of the larger *.nsw.edu.au, however they have all been registered by the same ISP:
boardofstudies, studentsonline and hscresults are all part of 203.222.143.*, registered by Techex Communications (Manly). :)
All I was implying is that, when there's a different IP, there's usually a different server on the other end ;)

I thought you were saying that hscresults was just redirecting to bosho, like studentsonline does.

Incidentally and unimportantly, bosho = 203.185.212.211, which is owned by Powertel.

:)

Edit: the point is, www.hscresults.nsw.edu.au and www.studentsonline.nsw.edu.au are where the results are at, and www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au just links to those two, which is what we've both been trying to say :) (Thankfully, not even the Board would be silly enough to only have one server to take the tens of thousands of hits from frantic students!)

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
when there's a different IP, there's usually a different server on the other end
True, I didn't read into your post all that much (looking for implications), but you are right. :)
Incidentally and unimportantly, bosho = 203.185.212.211, which is owned by Powertel.
True again, Netstar ISP (North Ryde), Powertel. I was only focusing on hscresults/studentsonline and the board itself, but I suppose bosho is "in the same bag".
the point is, www.hscresults.nsw.edu.au and www.studentsonline.nsw.edu.au are where the results are at, and www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au just links to those two, which is what we've both been trying to say
Agreed! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)