PIN number? (1 Viewer)

AGB

HSC
i got that letter with my pin number in it, and i also got the sms this morning, but i cant remember wot my pin is so unfortunately, i cant log on to find out my assessment and exam marks......

please help:(

is a roflcopter
HSC
use mine

:D

theres instructions on the booklet they send out
i think you gotta call them

vanity

HSC
yah i lost my pin a week before we had to do our preferences! i mailed them asking for it. had to state a few tings such as my name address school student number and a few other things.

they mailed it to me the next day and also followed up with a call to make sure i got it.

i spose if you want it straight away just call them?

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
*goes around looking for newbie's student number* :D
I just had to get my PIN reset this morning
So I called them
and they told me to fax them with:
  • Photo ID
  • Signature
  • Student number

After I faxed in around an hour they rang back and asked me a few more questions such as DOB, Address, Age, How are you feeling now (????), Subjects Studies etc. And gave me my Pin.

AGB

HSC
haha thanx guys for posting.....especially your most helpful post Newbie :p

i found the sheet a few mins after posting here tho :) :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
@AGB: I can be helpful too, it's just that I was laughing at Newbie's post about "using his PIN". Hehehe.

Personal Identification Number (PIN)

What if your PIN doesn't work?
If your PIN doesn't work, read the table above to ensure you are trying to use the correct number. If you are using the correct number and are still experiencing difficulties, call UAC on (02) 9752 0200.

What if NSW HSC students lose their PIN?

If you are a 2003 NSW HSC student, the only way to have your PIN re-issued is through a written request submitted to UAC either in person over the counter or by mail.

In the letter you must provide your:

- name and address
- date of birth
- student number and school
- Australian daytime telephone number
- signature

Submit your written request either:

By mail:
UAC, Locked Bag 112, Silverwater NSW 2128

Your PIN will be mailed to you. PINs can only be provided to students in writing. They cannot be provided over the telephone.

BE WARNED. Several working days are needed to re-issue your PIN so send your written request well before you need to use your PIN. Give yourself plenty of time to have your PIN re-issued before closing dates or release dates otherwise you will not be able to access the information.

In person:
UAC, Quad 2, 8 Parkview Drive, Homebush Bay NSW

Your PIN will be re-issued to you over the counter if you bring with you your written request and a photo identification that includes your signature such as a driver's licence, school ID or passport. If you do not have photo identification that includes your signature, your PIN cannot be provided to you.

;)

lbft

Geek
HSC
Grrrr!

I mistyped my PIN into studentsonline back in September a couple of times and had to get it reset, so I was stuck with one PIN for UAC and one for the Board.

Today, tried to log on to check my results with my UAC number and UAC PIN...no go. Tried with my student number and my Board PIN and got in. So now I've got to use 2 PIN numbers for UAC - the Board one for checking my UAI, and the UAC one for preferences and offers!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by lbft
Grrrr!

I mistyped my PIN into studentsonline back in September a couple of times and had to get it reset, so I was stuck with one PIN for UAC and one for the Board....
LoL, that happened to me last time wif netbank. :rofl: :mad1:

PrettyNoose

HSC
i love how people say 'PIN number' and 'ATM machine' when they're actually saying 'personal identification number number' and 'automatic teller machine machine'.
sorry,

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yes, and how people say "GPS systems".

PrettyNoose

HSC
mm yes. which is...
does it have anything to do with cars or computers?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
GPS comprises of 24 satellites, 20 functioning and 4 in reserve orbiting the Earth so that each spot is visible by at least 4 satellites. By knowing the delay between two sets of identical code, one running in the satellites and one on the GPSR, it is possible to know the distance from the satellite, by having 4 it narrows down to one possible point on the Earth (although you can acheive it with 3 (and crossing out the point in space) 3 will work if the time is wrong giving a false position, whereas 4 will only work if the timing is correct), so basically it allows you to know your exact position on the Earth.

Huy

HSC
N/A
PrettyNoose: I thought everyone knew what GPS was, but Xayma described it, just fine.

The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a worldwide radio-navigation system formed from a constellation of 24 satellites and their ground stations.

GPS uses these "man-made stars" as reference points to calculate positions accurate to a matter of meters. In fact, with advanced forms of GPS you can make measurements to better than a centimeter!

In a sense it's like giving every square meter on the planet a unique address.

GPS receivers have been miniaturized to just a few integrated circuits and so are becoming very economical. And that makes the technology accessible to virtually everyone.

These days GPS is finding its way into cars, boats, planes, construction equipment, movie making gear, farm machinery, even laptop computers.

What is GPS?
http://www.trimble.com/gps/what.html

There are plenty of other sites, e.g. HowStuffWorks.com - which offer other explanations, if required.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by PrettyNoose
i love how people say 'PIN number' and 'ATM machine' when they're actually saying 'personal identification number number' and 'automatic teller machine machine'.
sorry,
hahaha yeah i noticed that a while ago :p [though sometimes i do it myself :D]

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
PrettyNoose: I thought everyone knew what GPS was, but Xayma described it, just fine.
Then why did you have to describe it again, *runs off crying*.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i also say pin number, and always get corrected

if you askf or your pin, it can get confusing though, as it's always known as a pin number

Huy

HSC
N/A
Xayma, don't cry.

I'm always making sure people can understand what I'm saying, because sometimes, one answer isn't enough (and others would prefer to have a range of things to choose from, having a more general understanding, as opposed to 'technical' aspects).

Don't worry, I'm just being me. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)