Study (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
start notes early, like these chrissy holidays. it will b hard 2 get into at first but u will b really greatful that u did come trials and HSC. dont study for too long (well i didnt).i started my goal from 2hrs per nite, more if an exam/assessment was coming up and gradually added to it after the trials especially.if ur tired dont study coz u wont learn a thing. and stay positive and happy as much as u can, even in those dark times :)

just lotza notes, lotza practise essays & questions and lotza lollies to keep ur suger up!

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
hmmm poeple are telling me to get my ass a move on and start doing stuff and studying this hollies. i think i will.. i mean after today.. i'm so scared shitless about my HSC now :cold: 2 hours a night sounds good :) but hopefully i can gradually build up on that :)

but yeah, anyone got other suggestions of doing notes rather than to type them / write them out?

nerdd

i didn't do any of that 4 hrs a night crap. I didn't think it was necessary to go that overboard.

I did however write my notes topic by topic whch was great for each assessment task and half yearly exams and of course the trials and hsc.
Just remember to FOLLOW THE SYLLABUS POINT BY POINT and when writing them, write them to FULLY answer the point.

Another thing I did was write notes ahead of what we learned in class so it was kind of in my head already.. and whatever extra the teacher told us, I added to my notes. It made understanding stuff a WHOLE lot easier.

As for studying, I studied no more than a month before big exam blocks. And, I fully recommend drawing up a timetable.
(It sounds stupid, especially from those stupid "Success to the HSC" documentaries, but it helps heaps).

Don't quit your job if you have one, it only makes it easier to destress, and organise your time better - and it makes you study.
"Agh, I'm working 10 hrs this week, I better study here, here here and here" You know?

That's my advice.

Oh, and don't give half-hearted efforts for Extension subjects if you THINK you're going to drop them, until you know for sure you're going to drop them.!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
back on subject :)

I haven't started studying, but l am going to in January, l have two tests to study for, so l'm sure that will keep me busy. I am going to follow the d/ps in the syllabus and write them out fully.
I am going to go through my textbook and write out definitions and examples of main words and things l need to know.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
hmmm poeple are telling me to get my ass a move on and start doing stuff and studying this hollies. i think i will.. i mean after today.. i'm so scared shitless about my HSC now :cold: 2 hours a night sounds good :) but hopefully i can gradually build up on that :)

but yeah, anyone got other suggestions of doing notes rather than to type them / write them out?
Whose telling you to study, I know Im telling you not to study. :chainsaw:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
thanks huy by the way how did u go in ur HSC?????
Whoops I haven't been to this thread since I posted.
Originally posted by Dash
I think his going to take that secret to his grave :p
:uhhuh:
Originally posted by mazza_728
Agreed - he hasnt told anyone! he musnt of gone that bad, he is smart and I no matter the mark he got he is still an inspiration to us all.
Hehehe thanks mazza! :shy:

I haven't told anybody but my curriculum co-ordinator (who called me up at 9am on the dot, on the 19th! :chainsaw: I didn't even have time to gather my thoughts). I suppose the entire school knows by now, staff and fellow students.

I then told a few close friends, along with one or two at a drunken party (I had one or two drinks that night, but that was it). Other than that, I didn't go too well, but it wasn't completely bad (Mazza is right here).

Dash is also right, I will be taking it to my grave. :)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Aww Huy *hug* i hope you're not too dissapointed .. hope you can get into your course or watever you want to do! if not im sure ull find a way to get in and im sure ull succeed at wat u do! Good luck! Remember its not everything! But i kinda understand where you're coming from i think - i hate when u put so much pressure on ur self to do good and u have the expectations of other ppl to uphold and then it doesnt turn out as planned. it is really dissapointing but yeah its not everything!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Mazza,

No, I'm not too disappointed, and I think to myself (what a wonderful world :p) "It could have been worse". Well, my UAI did not 'make the cut' for any of my original 4-preferences, but I was being too restrictive in my preferences and course selection(s). I'll be able to get into university, but the way I see it is, I'm not settling for any less, I'm just working towards something bigger than what had been originally planned for me.

Nothing had ever been set in stone, and naturally, in life, circumstances will change and your decisions will change. This is one such circumstance.

I'll be fine, ask me in a year! Hehehe! Thanks Mazza, :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)