skool stress (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hey wat do u guys reccomend for wen ur feeling completely overwhelemed and freaked out abt skool. i ran into that problem last term and i dont want it to ruin my hsc year. i was told to go c a counsellor but i dont think its THAT necessary. less desperate measure cause sittin in some weird office talkin to a complete stranger is not my idea of "help"

vanity

HSC
teachers had a big talk with my grade a few months ago because they thought we were really stressed out - there was a trend where people were jigging periods before assessments as well as the day before . . .
anyways just take it easy :) have a bubble bath.. list stuff you need to get done and figure out how youre going to do it (pracitcally) .. just be organised (that is, the total opposite of me)

good luck =)

scandal

HSC
Talk to friends, go for a walk, eat lol

FACT - The average student puts on 8kg during the HSC year - better stick to it then

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
I went through quite a lot of stress but i got over it around term one...when i figured out the problem...so my stress levels reduced by a huge amount.
i would say work out what are the things that are stressing you.
is it your peers, ur competitors. well yeah at my school this person who was/is a big "show off" tried to show to everyone that they are the smartest. Then i realised that they are stressed as any HSC student, so yeah some people might just want to show themselves as confident, but really they are not.
Are you understanding the work?
Are you studying consistently?
Are you putting your full effort into your work?
If you don't get something ask your teachers.
If not staisfied with what you are doing at school, get tutored.
Be organised, keep a diary with you. Make a list of what you have to do, its very important IMO.

LAST, but not the least, take short breaks everyday, it helps a lot. well i realised this after the HSC finished. I'd say, going out for a walk, playing some sport, or going to movies might help you relax. All my teachers always told me to go out and relax a bit, and guess what i did, just went to play tennis once.

So yeah..work out what really stresses you, it will help you know your strengths and weaknesses.

I hope this helps :)

Last edited:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
EXERCISE! get it all out - trust me it works :)

do kickboxing :)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by scandal
Talk to friends, go for a walk, eat lol

FACT - The average student puts on 8kg during the HSC year - better stick to it then

argh im thinking of buying my formal dress tomorrow if i find something on sale :|
ok well if i walk to take stress off my mind maybe itll make up for it

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Yeah exercise is good, doesn't have to be strenuous. This yr my Dad took me to the golf driving range - it was beneficial if he took at night - Helped me get some much needed sleep. I'd go home and crash - stressed = can't sleep .

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah, i guess the "being organized" bit is the most relevant to me i think. thanx 4 that

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
music
this forum!

and yes, being organised. don't worry if your friends tell you they will be doing their assessments at the last minute - you do them when you can. i found a lot of people made me feel bad because i was semi-organised, but then realised i stess a lot more than them, so i have to be.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
- classical music
- BOS
- scream into pillow
- go outside (make sure it's not this weather, though o_O)

see what you might be doing wrong with the way you're studying (or whatver that is making you stress out). remember, organisation is EVERYTHING in the hsc - something that my chem teacher told me at the beginning of yr11, and something that i realised waaaay too late :D

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
- classical music
- BOS
- scream into pillow
- go outside (make sure it's not this weather, though o_O)

see what you might be doing wrong with the way you're studying (or whatver that is making you stress out). remember, organisation is EVERYTHING in the hsc - something that my chem teacher told me at the beginning of yr11, and something that i realised waaaay too late :D
I heard that classical music is good to listen to whilst studying, is this true?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well for me classical music would have driven me crazy because idon't like it. but one of my friends said it's good.

also, don't let yourself get stressed too much. it's really only a year of school, and in the end it's really only a number on a piece of paper. it's not worth your health.

if you haven't already you may go through the desensitised stage - where you don't feel anything anymore. you don't feel sad, excited, happy, it's all meh i think i am still there now

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
yeh listening to music, exercising for sure, stretching..change ur diet so ull hav more energy *have brekky* go swimming, sleep atleast 8 hours, talk with friends, hav a break - no dont go near the kit kat

Numero Uno

HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
yeh listening to music, exercising for sure, stretching..change ur diet so ull hav more energy *have brekky* go swimming, sleep atleast 8 hours, talk with friends, hav a break - no dont go near the kit kat
Swimming ??
U mean soccer ?

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I just think about the fact that it will be all over eventually
And when its over, I would either be satisfied with what I did or bitterly disappointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)