SAT's (1 Viewer)

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Has anyone here applyed to do the SAT exam in 2004, and does anyone have any info on it, like where I can register etc?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
American version of STAT. Its what they use to determine university offers in the US.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
u want to apply for uni in america?
No not really, but I just wanted to have a go at it, and to keep my options open

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
haha that would be fun
i want to do it to.. but you would have to pay though right?
Yeah...does anyone know how much it costs??

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
plus the subject tests as well. u hav to do at least 3 of them in addition to the standard verbal and maths ones. arghh. personally i dont think its worth the effort( that is unless u REALLY wanna go to a US uni) i hav a practice paper.(the WHOLE thing) if u wanna hav a look.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
its exactly how the actual paper will be. not too tough( the english reasoning ones become a bit perplexing at times though!) lots of basic algebra, linear functions, angles, circles, so 2u maths is a must for it. also lots of ppl take it twice(almost everyone who does the sat takes it twice actually). the psat and THEN the SAT. preparing it mite dtract u from ur performance in our hsc dont ya think?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
make an appointment to go to the US consulate at the MLC centre in sydney. they hav heaps of pamphlets and stuff to help ya. (its appointment only so dont just rock up and expect to b let in. i noe it sux)

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
you'd have to do pretty well and study pretty hard considering you will be competing against people in america who take the sats as seriously as we take the HSC

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
you'd have to do pretty well and study pretty hard considering you will be competing against people in america who take the sats as seriously as we take the HSC
My aunty who went to Harvard said that american unis look for people outside america, and considering a small number of students from australia actually go to study there, it provides australian students with an advantage.

Originally posted by Sarah168
make an appointment to go to the US consulate at the MLC centre in sydney. they hav heaps of pamphlets and stuff to help ya. (its appointment only so dont just rock up and expect to b let in. i noe it sux)
Actually, I think it seems a bit of a hassle now, I don't think I can be bothered. Seeing as you have a past paper, are you going to be doing the exam?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
no im not. i want to concentrate on the hsc. do u still want the paper neway?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
whoa, ivy leagues! harvard is a tough one but if u think u got wat it takes, then go 4 it!

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
hahaha no I wasn't thinking about harvard. I don't think I will do the paper because I don't want it to interupt my HSC :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Plus the cost of going to College in the US would kill most people.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
yeah, thats true. I guess the main reason why I was interested was that my friend said her cousin's UAI wasn't sufficient for his course, and his SAT score was good enough to get him into the same sort of course in the US.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i heard it costs about 30 grand a yr over there.(i mean at an ivy league) but financial aid is ezy to get. but paying off the debt would kill most ppl i think!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)