Repeating Year 12 :S (1 Viewer)

fourp1ay

HSC
Who else here is seriously considering repeating year 12 ???

What UAI did you get and do you consider yourself bright but just really lazy and your gonna work this time around... ??
BTW do you feel regrets ?? For some reason I don't atm I dont know why but I think just at the end of HSC I realised how easy it is to get a high UAI.. like.. just memorise some papers..

I would do harder subjects this time around.. I can do ext maths as i did it in yr 11 then dropped it for year 12 as i knew i would be to lazy and no motivation to put in the hard hours.. but things will b diff this time around !!

Also is it possible to go back to school and do it or do i have to go to TAFE ?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by fourp1ay
Also is it possible to go back to school and do it or do i have to go to TAFE ?
Yes, it is possible to go back to school.

No, you don't have to go to TAFE, but you can.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Remember that because you are doing year 12 again (assuming you decide to take this course of action), you need to put even more effort than you did previously - because you certainly do not want to stuff it up again.

Also, be wary when picking new courses, it means you will have to learn a whole new topic as opposed to just being able to revise over for the rest of the year if you decide to re-do a subject you previously did.

If you took everything as new subjects then a better mark cannot be guaranteed as you are basically in the same boat as your other classmates as opposed to knowing more and what ahead in class if you took the same subjects.

fourp1ay

HSC
Yeah thanks for the advice..the reason I want to go back to school instead of TAFE is school has a rugby league team and thats a greater ambition of mine..

The only way i can study is under pressure and now i've got the reality check of scanning the UAC book with 62 :S

I think i can achieve 95+ aswell as I've always been naturally smart like Distinctions top 5% in those credit/dist/participation tests etc... hmmm :S

Since I did 3u preliminary and 2u in HSC if i wanted to do 4u now would i be able to ?? Would i have to learn the prelim on my own or what..?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
There is no preliminary for 4U as you start that in year 12 anyway.

If you have the intelligence to do well, you really should try give up some things for one last year. You'll find it will be worth it and the proud feeling you'll get after the results - I didn't get this :(

fourp1ay

HSC
Yeah in year 7 i actually got accelerated and skipped year 7 maths in the first week of high school after they saw the results of my selection tests and was on target to do HSC 3/4u maths in year 11... i changed schools tho..twice.. and then just lost the plot and just started bumming and everything was going shocking like with my trials i was one of those people that took a sicky and used BOS to find out trial answers !!!

I got a lot of unfinished business !!

So who else is going to redo year 12 and what are your reasons !?

Huy

HSC
N/A
i was one of those people that took a sicky and used BOS to find out trial answers !!!
:eek:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh i agree with ragerunner.. if you do repeat it then you will have to put 110%
im not sure about the whole going back to your school thing though.. whatever was keeping you from doing well might come about again (teachers.. friends.. free periods.. allowances i dont know) and maybe trying it in another environment will change your perspective of it.. hopefully encourage you to do better

fourp1ay

HSC
Thers a million things to encourage me to do better...

Since i hav missed Term 4 of year 12 already... what will happen with assesments etc that i've missed ?? And the new english topics... why did they have to change the course !! ><

Huy

HSC
N/A
fourp1ay, I suggest you read the following threads, which may be of interest to you (and will hopefully answer questions, that have already been asked by others, about repeating Year 12).

How does repeating year 12 work?
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21141

if i wanted to repeat my hsc at tafe would i

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21472

Repeating Year 12

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21147

Huy

HSC
N/A
No problem, fourp1ay.

All the best, :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Yeah thanks for the advice..the reason I want to go back to school instead of TAFE is school has a rugby league team and thats a greater ambition of mine..
if you're doing it at school you should check with them asap.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i was one of those people that took a sicky and used BOS to find out trial answers !!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and can i ask what username you were under?
and can i also make a note to the 04 slackers to come that this thread is proof that IT DOESN'T work!

Huy

HSC
N/A
iambored, I think fourp1ay was a guest, and didn't register - only viewing the threads, as they were created.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
iambored, I think fourp1ay was a guest, and didn't register - only viewing the threads, as they were created.
He wasn't :)

I know all.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner

I know all.
how do you know?!?

and i remember someone, who only asked questions on swapping answers or something, i wonder if it was him

fourp1ay

HSC
RageRunner is right.. and Iambored your wrong... I saved myself from probably 20% kinda mark to bring it up to decency...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner

I know all.
Okay, well that's what I assumed - seeing as though I was emailed and added to MSN, for the sole purpose of 'insider information' - by fourp1ay (under a different name).

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I guess all that information went to vain because you didn't try that much for the real HSC :(

That's a bummer, you really should of used the one last year of high school effectively, saves repeating :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)