Syllabus ? (1 Viewer)

Lazy Lankan

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm sorta new to this whole thing ... With the syllabus, how do I get the 2004 version ? I went to boardofstudies.com and all they have is like 02/03. Is the same one again ?

And another thing, these are my subjects:
Business Studies
Design & Technology
Maths (3 unit)
English (Standard)
Physics
Religion

So if u do the same subjects as me, plz let me know .... post your email on 'ere.

Thanx 4 the help ...

Lainee

HSC
Yeah, that's the right syllabus. I don't think teachers would be very happy if they changed it every year. ;)

Lazy Lankan

HSC
Oh ok, thanx for the help ... by the way what subjects do u do ? Class of 2004, right ?

Lainee

HSC
Yep. It's actually in my profile, but I guess hardly anyone checks that. ;) I do: economics, legal studies, 3U English and 4U Maths. So... the only subject I have in common with you would be Maths Ext. 1 :p

Lazy Lankan

HSC
What textbooks do u use at school ? And do u have any supplementary material ? I use Maths in Focus at school, and Cambridge as a supplementary.... but I hardly use my supplementary, hoping to get started on it with the start of Yr 12 this year :)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Lainee
Yeah, that's the right syllabus. I don't think teachers would be very happy if they changed it every year. ;)
:uhhuh: if they did change the syllabus, or deciding to, they would give out notices and stuff. from the 02-03 syllabus, i they only chopped things out (for science syllabus that is). i dont think they'd add anything to it..

Lainee

HSC
Originally posted by Lazy Lankan
What textbooks do u use at school ? And do u have any supplementary material ? I use Maths in Focus at school, and Cambridge as a supplementary.... but I hardly use my supplementary, hoping to get started on it with the start of Yr 12 this year :)
So far we've gotten Fitzpatrik, Excel and Jones and Couchman. We never have Cambridge (I have this theory about snobbish rivalry between Syd Grammar and Sydney Girls ;)). And, get this, I have textbooks from 1979 courtesy of my olllddd cousins. Haven't looked at them yet, but it looks really good having them on my bookshelf. :p

Lainee

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
:uhhuh: if they did change the syllabus, or deciding to, they would give out notices and stuff. from the 02-03 syllabus, i they only chopped things out (for science syllabus that is). i dont think they'd add anything to it..
They're slowly breeding a nation of idiots, by dumbing down the syllabus every so often. :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
They're slowly breeding a nation of idiots, by dumbing down the syllabus every so often. :p
You mean were becoming more like America, *runs off screaming

AGB

HSC
Yep. It's actually in my profile, but I guess hardly anyone checks that. ;) I do: economics, legal studies, 3U English and 4U Maths. So... the only subject I have in common with you would be Maths Ext. 1 :p
what about english?? hav u already done it??

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh in english i think they changed it... because we arent doing change as they did last year but we r doing journeys.. i think they just changed the area of study though all the other modules r the same

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You have different syllabus in yr 11 and yr 12, however the yr 12 syllabus often draws upon ideas presented in the yr 11 syllabus.

AGB

HSC
the higher school certificate syllabus includes the prelim and hsc year

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
but when people on these forums talk about studying by writing notes under syllabus dot-point things, are they talking about year 11 as well as year 12? im starting yr 11, do i need to look at the syllabus?

AGB

HSC
yeh, but in most cases the hsc year builds on the knowledge and skills gained in the prelim year

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
but when people on these forums talk about studying by writing notes under syllabus dot-point things, are they talking about year 11 as well as year 12? im starting yr 11, do i need to look at the syllabus?
yeah i would recommend that. I didnt do that..b'cos no one ever guided me how important the syllabus was, not even my teachers.
So yeah...by doing this u will get familiar to the key words from year 11, and will develop a pattern to study, so by the time you start year 12, u'd be ready to do like 5-6 hrs study every night.

AGB

HSC
if you got started now it would make it much easier to do in year 12.... it would be much less of a difference if you treated year 11 similar to the way you would treat year 12. however, thats most likely going to take up a lot of time and you dont wanna get burnt out early......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)