recording notes? (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
from reading some of these threads, i've heard a few ppl say that recording notes and listening to them constantly is a good way of drilling it into ur head. but how far should u go woth this method, like how much of the notes and wat type of notes>?) is it really necessary, how beneficial would it be?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i;v just started the same. i just got a dicta fone and i'm going to record my notes on audio because i sit on the train half an hour each way to school, so i think thats the best way to drill stuff into my mind.

so far, what ive done is summarised and written every answer for each and every syllabus dot point (sciences work well for this, and since i do all 3). i havent finished but, by the time i start school, i should be up to date :)

Winston

HSC
i get sick of my own voice so i would never record notes lol...

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
ahahaha someone told me to shut my door and close my windows and speak in a different voice everytime i have a new dot point to make it more interesting.. ie. one point will be a guys voice, another would be a haorse voice, singing voice, mad voice and so on ahahaha,.. would be interesting though :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah thats a big issue with me too! urghh i cant stand my own voice. it'll probably distract me more and i wont end up remembering any thing at all!!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
ahahaha someone told me to shut my door and close my windows and speak in a different voice everytime i have a new dot point to make it more interesting.. ie. one point will be a guys voice, another would be a haorse voice, singing voice, mad voice and so on ahahaha,.. would be interesting though :p
*imagines someone doing that * ROFL

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
ahaha mate, shuddap :p
imgaine yourself doing it with your leg behind ur head :p
No it puts too much pressure on your neck unless youve stretched, its hard to talk for a long time.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i had a cd of quotes .. and my related materials and some analysis to help with my english essays last yr
i might use the recording thing.. i have about half an hour on the bus then 10 mins walking home

Rahul

Dead Member
haha kim, you are a psycho!!! finished your dot-points already.....*shakes his head*
your gunna ace the sciences, they are just memory work....

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Rahul
haha kim, you are a psycho!!! finished your dot-points already.....*shakes his head*
Yes, thank god for a photographic memory.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
No it puts too much pressure on your neck unless youve stretched, its hard to talk for a long time.
LOL thats why your voice goes all funny and makes it ideal :p
Originally posted by Rahul
ahaha rahul.. i havent at all.. not even the first module :p theyre being done as i speak ! but yah.. i aint a freak yet ! :p

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
get one of those voice changers and record your notes in a darth vader (or similar) voice..that would make it interesting

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i fidn it hepaz useful.. and i listen to them when i am bored.. on the train.. when i am in bed etc.. if you pay attention while you listen to the tapes then you will find after a couple of times you would know the whole content..

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
it feelz kinda stupid but it seems effective :S

= Jennifer =

HSC
after i finish writing my notes i will record onto dictaphone..i did this for the sc and i think it helped me retain information pretty well

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I have never tried it, but l use the write, cover, copy method.

You write down the information, cover it and copy it without looking. You probably have done something similar in primary school.

I find it works for me and during each day l go through in my mind what l wrote down and soon it sticks.

I was wondering if anyone has one of those mini tape recorders you can get from copmuter stores, or they are called "note takers" or something. I was considering to use one of them for uni, but l might get one this year - maybe not..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)