School Sport (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Is it compulsary for you to do sport at your school?

If its not, what do you do instead?

Mike iE

HSC
Year 11 and 12 dont do sport, we have a period of maths and english instead. It really sucks, because its friday arvo and no one can concentrate

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Our school has it, but we sometimes get to decide if we want to study instead - l'd prefer to study, it depends on how hot/cold it is and the sport.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Our sport is compulsory till the start of the last year (ie this year for me :D) then we get to go home.

= Jennifer =

HSC
See our school runs on a cycle so students from y7-yr 10 have sport at different times on different days. sport is not available for students in yr11-12 to do. the closest thing we have to it is moving from one class to another..

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yeah we go home as well.... "for study"

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
We had compulsary team sport up until year 12, where you could either volunteer to be an official or go home that afternoon. We had comps in soccer, netball, tennis and hockey and you had to choose one for the year and were graded into a team.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
thats not fun
yeh we never had a day to wear our sports uniform (thank god, because its bright blue) but we had to bring it and change when we had pe (in yr 7-10 3 times every 2 weeks practical.. 3 times theory)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
thats not fun
Actually, it was really good. Encouraged everyone to cooperate and have a bit of spirit, which made my job as welfare captain that little bit easier!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Back in the day, (Sounding old..Still much fun) school sport on Thursday afternoons was compulsory until the beginning of Year 12, for Years 8-11 [Year 7 instead had to go to regular classes]. However, my generation was the last to operate under this system, as now Year 11 are not forced to partake of school sport...As usual.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
It used to be non-compulsory at my school for 11 and 12, but starting this yer, we will be the first yr 11 to have it as compulsory.
Which I think is really unfair to those who want to be more focused on their studies rather than go bowling or whatever the hell we have to do (and really, do you move around enough during 10-pin-bowling for it to be considered exercise?).
It used to be optional, which I think it should still be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)