In appreciation of teachers who rock! Who's your fave? (1 Viewer)

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Feel more than free to tell what school ur from, and post their names and tell us why, so the whole world can know how proud you are in being taught and guided by them! Plus you never know, they might be browsing these forums...

I did Caringbah High 2003, and still, love Mrs Miller my english teacher. She is the most thoughtful, sincere, loving human being in the world. All you want to do, is do nice things for her and give her flowers. She's got a heart of gold, and on Grad day, cried soo much it was beautiful in knowing that she cared for us so much.

Dont you just love em like that?!

Its awful that theyre underpaid, afterall they contribute a huge part of gauranteeing the future! Come on give'em a raise!

suz

HSC
Definately my greek teacher Ms. Evangelinos
She spent so much time out of work helping and tutoring me all for free
She is like a second mum to me and I still keep in contact with her
Also my italian teacher Mrs. Colreavy was da best and was heaps dedicated always calling, emailing, etc. She did so much extra for me and was heaps supportive
I LOVE THEM BOTH LOL

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
There are a few....and they are/were really nice...always caring and supportive during my HSC...:)

Last edited:

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Ms. Bicego, year 9 science teacher.

She gave me two D's on my report card and inspired me to pick up my act. :D

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
not that they'll ever read this, but... all my teachers from yr12 :) especially...

MS MAK - who wsa more like a friend than a teacher to our 3-person music class... and bitched with us about the horrible year 7s and various teachers ;) love ya.

MR H - mr "i am so macho, girls!" chemistry teacher, who cried during our last chem lesson. the most devoted teacher i have ever had the honour of knowing. (bad, bad english - see what the hsc has done to me? o_O)

MARTY!! - brilliant, our class' EIGHTH english teacher since the start of yr11. he saved us all from failing adv eng :D liked to tell us about getting drunk with other teachers, and how he once told the deputy principal that she was "so anal about the bloody uniforms" XDDDD

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Carol Thomas, best English teacher ever. EVER.
Closely followed by Kim Drummond, second best English teacher ever. I really sucked at English, but these two made it worth trying anyway.

ladidid

HSC
N/A
My society and culture teacher was the best. She was so helpful and prepared us all really well for assessments and the pip. Any drafts of work we had she was happy to read over and she was v. good with all the course content. She even let us have coffee/tea, cake etc in longer lessons. Once when I was sick at school she rang my home afterwards to see if I was OK. :) so sweet.

My history teacher was great also, a little bit crazy too (in a good way). She always tried to make the lessons fun in what ever way she could and I found it helped me a lot because that way I was kind of interested, otherwise I would have fallen asleep.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i dont wanna actually name teachers but:
i had the best english teacher ever last year. Friendly, nice, really damn good teacher and she laughed along with jokes joined in conversations made eng the bestest subject ever. I also had a mad history teacher who as so damn funny. It was like come to history sad walk out hapopy and relaxed and laughing. I have pretty okay teachers this year - as in let u eat in class, walk in n out whenever but i dont really like them in comparison tio the two above

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ummm
>>> ms herd [business studies] she is so funny and makes business really interesting, always has a story to tell us
it was really mean how last yr she came into the classroom and shes like.. due to timetabling i might not have u for next year.. and the whole class was pissed off (no offence to other business teachers :|) and i was practically crying lol.. then my friends like.. is this a joke? cuz we were doing resistance to change and she was showing us how employees dont want to change.. but it was sooo mean! lol
>>> mrs kiprioti [community and family studies] i had her for food tech in yr 10 and she was a great teacher.. she makes things really interesting and shes so helpful with everything.. kinda like a mother lol
>>> ms miller [croatian] with our class of 5.. we are all really close and she is also like a mother to us.. always worrying about us and bringing us food and magazines.. and when she went to england she brought us girls back lipgloss.. and she came and danced with us at the cro school formal thing the yr before last.. mad fun

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i dont find that the good teachers are the ones who let you eat in class, go wild or anything like that. somehow i think the good teachers are the ones who manage to make u do your best and have this ability to make u want to do well..usually it works and i hope it does in this year *crosses fingers* btw, my modern history teacher right now is the best...makes the thought of the HSC sound a little less daunting....its also my favourite class, but im not naming names

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i got along really really well with all my teachers, but the worlds biggest legend would have to have been my year advisor...luv ya mrs X!!!

miss_pie

HSC
im so happy with the teachers i have this year. they're all fantastic people.
my Society and culture teacher is an absoloute sweetie! she was my year co-ordinator a few years ago as well. she sed later this year she'll have like open house pip sessions at her house on weekends :) shes so devoted to our pips and our class :)
the art co-ordinator (not my teacher this year but still) is fantastic! he inspires me to be creative.
ando- year co-ordinator and english teacher just plainly rocks :)
music teacher is a sweetie 2, many hugs for her.
maths- he's just a fantastic teacher :)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer

Closely followed by Kim Drummond, second best English teacher ever. I really sucked at English, but these two made it worth trying anyway.
ms drummond is really good, for our journeys assessment no one in our class got below a B. plus she likes buffy :p

mr yalichev has been a total legend to me all through high school, and is still very supportive, despite my having been the worst french student ever

ms trevini is an absolute fucking legend, she's done so much for me over the past two years, and she's a great teacher to boot

ladidid

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i got along really really well with all my teachers, but the worlds biggest legend would have to have been my year advisor...luv ya mrs X!!!
Ditto. I couldn't have asked for a better year advisor. :D

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
I love little miss...she was my drama teacher for a year. she never yelled so we felt like we owed it to her to do our work! and she got upset when she swore and she let us be complete idiots in class! she was the best...but she left last term. i cried for 20 minutes when she told us, and then on the last day our whole class was just crying ALL day!

and then their's my year coordinator/society and culture tacher who always looks after us, and gives us chocolate and tells us "if i die in a feak accident, ur PIP folder is the red one on my desk!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)