Formal Dresses!!! (1 Viewer)

Hey

I was just wondering what style of dresses girls are going to wear to their formals this year? Those big, boofy ones?
Or can you wear just a slim, cocktail-y dress?

Hmmmmm

My formal is in one week!!! AAAAH!! And I still haven't got my dress!

Help please!

Crazy

wear whatever suits you!! haha be an individual a trend setter, forget what other ppl like, its you who has to wear it
i must say im going to look gorgeous!! haha :D

Christine

beige member
HSC
Go cocktail dress - you'll feel more mature and u won't cringe when u look back at your photoes in 10 yrs time!!!

as for my dress: black, 1950's style - lace bodice, layers of netting for the skirt part (like in grease) and its a lisa ho.
its a boob tube and finishes mid calf....:)

Crazy

ohhhh and also just a little tip
black is the colour of the year...or darker colours at least! :)
Christine i love your taste!! sounds very cool i must say!....wow Lisa Ho, mine is one of her designs toooooo, some nice stuff she does!! :D

Crazy

Christine i love your taste!! sounds very cool i must say!....wow Lisa Ho, mine is one of her designs toooooo, some nice stuff she does!! :D

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I disagree, Crazy; the colour which is best for any formal occasion is one that suits you.

Most people I've spoken to are looking at cocktail dresses rather than floor-sweeping 'princess dresses'. It might have something to do with the weather over the last few weeks as well.

Other thing is the fashion trend of peasant type clothes which will have infiltrated formal wear as well... which are generally lighter and less formal than the usual trends.

Don't I sound like such an expert. Haha. Wear whatever you LIKE, not necessarily what's IN.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
ya, whatever suits you..

i wore black in yr 10, so i cant wear it again, and i wore white in year 11 so i cant wear that either.. dammit i have to wear like pinnk or something...

Crazy

yah true true anti, as i said previously though wearing what suits you and what your comfortable in is most important.
My reasoning behing the choice of darker colours i guess was largely based on the fact that this has been the most popular colour choice for respected designers this year..the demand for 'princess styles' i admit isnt like it used to be
haha but yeah who doesnt black suit, sure it makes some ppl looked washed out but goes nicely with a gorgeous tan! :)
everyone is entitled to their opinion anti and i agree cocktail dresses will be on the rise
oh well, the formal ive been to already this year, darker colours were everywhere, with the exception of a bit of red....dont think the peasant look really got a look in at all though, it was still very formal!
who cares anyway....its the after party everyone wants!! :D

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by Crazy
yea definatly unfortunately with her gorgeous clothes comes a horrific price tag...

ahhh, the things we do to look good!!

I got my dress today when I went shopping. It's sapphire blue with a bodice and an A-line skirt.

I'm so not used to wearing skirts that go right up on my waist- I'm always wearing hipsters!

Where are the skirts supposed to sit on you? Mine sits about 4 cm higher than my belly-button. Do you reckon that it's too small for me? Because it hurts to fit into it!

Help!
:(

flosh's gurl

i went totally against the whole dark colours thing. mine is yellow that fades to purple/blue. the colours of iris's. its choppy at the bottom and all different lengths. i love it. all my friends are wearing dark colours blues, reds and purples. if your game go for something different. you dont want to be in what everyone else is wearing!!

bex

HSC
I dont like to wear the same as anyone else.. (last night in the city, at wallaby bar with some friends, 2 people were wearing the same dress that my friend is also wearing for her formal...she wasnt very happy!) hence the reason i got mine made... i suit plain colours and neutral tones like black white caramel chocolate etc..

Ok my dress... think kelly osbourne at the arias.. or iff you dont know that one.. heres a picture.... except mine is white with black vertical stripes of varied widths and it goes to about midcalf with about 10cms of white tulle comming out at the bottom...

not many of my friends are going very formal to ours.. i think we want it to be more like a big party than a ball..

Attachments

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
the best formal dress shop is in..

actually i cant say

cos its a secret

bwahahahhahahha

Christine

beige member
HSC
thats ok, i just want to know the name of this shop now!!

i can't rest till i know!

well my dress is goin to b the blak tite knee lengh sexc dress,, i aint goin too formal this year,,,, i hate boofy dresses.,..
i like em simple,, add abit of silver accessories n ull look the hottest!:evilfire:

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by WaTs 2 CuM AhEd
i hate boofy dresses
i'm the same, i did the cocktail dress thing in yr 10 as well.
i looked v out of place tho what w/ everyone else dressed up like a princess.

im jess

my dress is black, and its sorta strapless... now what i mean by sorta strapless is that it does has straps, but you can take them off, and it looks heaps better without them....
its tight around the top half and at about my hip it goes out a little, and it goes down to my knees... and there is netting under it ... i like it... i didnt want a short dress and i didnt want strapless... but i like it :)
im getting the lace up shoes... like the ones you can lace up your legs :)

but the silly thing is i was meant to get my dress today but it hasnt come in yet so im heaps not happy with that... i was soo excited... grr!!

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by im jess
[B
im getting the lace up shoes... like the ones you can lace up your legs :)
[/B]
i might be getting those, not sure yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)