Hurlstone Agriculture High School Selective Test (1 Viewer)

ThePiedPiper

HSC
N/A
I am currently in year 10 and will be partaking in this year's selective exam. Since I heard agriculture is a compulsory subject in year 11 (Hurlstone), I am wondering if the subject will also be present in the selective exam. Any responses from people with experience will be greatly appreciated.

Also, just to clarify, I would also like to confirm that the three main topics within the test will be:
- Maths
- English & Writing
- Science

Last edited:

iBibah

HSC
They don't test you on agriculture.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I am currently in year 10 and will be partaking in this year's selective exam. Since I heard agriculture is a compulsory subject in year 11 (Hurlstone), I am wondering if the subject will also be present in the selective exam. Any responses from people with experience will be greatly appreciated.

Also, just to clarify, I would also like to confirm that the three main topics within the test will be:
- Maths
- English & Writing
- Science
Yep those 3.

They don't exactly test you on Agriculture BUT in the exam I did, the English short-answers and extended response were based off an article/text/extract about an agricultural issue.

But you don't need any knowledge on Agriculture at all really.

kev-

HSC
They don't exactly test you on Agriculture BUT in the exam I did, the English short-answers and extended response were based off an article/text/extract about an agricultural issue.
Yes. When I did the Hurlstone exam in Year 9, they gave me an extract where I had to answer short questions, then had to write a report where I could look back at the info. It was about rats :p

Good luck on the test!

jackerino

HSC
Ah, I see. Thanks everyone.
There is an essay question we had, "What do you think would be the impact on Australia's agricultural industry in the event of a rat infestation?".

Then there's a very short maths section, and a slightly longer science section, and multiple choice english.

You'll get in man dw ;)

kevintang

HSC
all the best man, if you do make it to HAHS i'll give you a heads up
- not many hot girls in your grade
- theres a blonde diva faggot who aspires to be lady gaga when he grows up
- hurlstone girls are sloots so if you're at least a 7/10 you'll be swimming in pussy

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
all I can say is: be prepared to travel, because its literally in the middle of no where down south

jackerino

HSC
all the best man, if you do make it to HAHS i'll give you a heads up
- not many hot girls in your grade
- theres a blonde diva faggot who aspires to be lady gaga when he grows up
- hurlstone girls are sloots so if you're at least a 7/10 you'll be swimming in pussy
2013 has the best babes! omgg there's one boarder chick, such a babe :p too bad they're all like 3 yrs older than me hahha

Long Zou

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I in year 8 now and im about to try out for the test on 8th of August!!
Anymore advise for year 9s, anyways tell me more about the test!!!!!

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Yeah, I in year 8 now and im about to try out for the test on 8th of August!!
Anymore advise for year 9s, anyways tell me more about the test!!!!!
There are three parts. First is science, where they just ask a bunch of random science questions. If you've been paying attention in class then they should be easy. Next is maths, the difficulty isn't crazy hard but it is a little accelerated so best do some revision and visit some further topics. The last bit is english where you get an extract generally do with something agricultural, and you have to do a comprehension. You also have to write an essay/extended response, which btw as a tip, when you getting examples for your STEEL paragraphs, USE THE EXTRACT GIVEN TO YOU!!
If you just brush up and revise on what you have learnt so far, then you should be fine. Good luck and all the best :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)