North Sydney Boys Entrance Exam (1 Viewer)

wtfnoob123

HSC
Hey guys! How'd you find the NSB exam!? I personally wasn't there, having the sydney grammar exam
Did anyone finish? Were both sections hard? sydney grammar was SO hard

MissyL

HSC
i completely bombed out ! now im worried i wont get in!
Don't worry man, I was there too. I only did decent but I know alot of people that didn't do at all decent in it. To possibly make you feel better I left out the last page (3 questions) in the last page and didn't do the last question in section B. Also for English I was running out of time (I did the creative first, it wasn't that good anyways... :/ prolly 16 and under maximum 17 I reckon) I pointed out a quote and how it relates to importance of some bs but didn't analyse it. What school were you from btw?

MissyL

HSC
Hey guys! How'd you find the NSB exam!? I personally wasn't there, having the sydney grammar exam
Did anyone finish? Were both sections hard? sydney grammar was SO hard
Alot of people didn't finish the maths section I don't think. I couldn't finish it! :( the maths was actually pretty easy, but the final questions of the last section in maths needed a bit of IQ, I thought of it in the last minute but couldn't finish it DDDD:
Also for English, the test was kind of hard, but there was this one question where it was like which book has made a significant change in your life I wasn't sure if you were suppose to analyse it or not but I just wrote yeah a book has made a significant change in me cos of the story plot blah blah blah.

MissyL

HSC
Did anyone finish every single question in maths? And how did everyone go with their creatives?

theenglishkid12

HSC
Did anyone finish every single question in maths? And how did everyone go with their creatives?
no i didn't ! i did a magazine article for my creative writing about my past experiences around the world which inturn reflect on my personality - i go to newington / and you said people did much worst!? how?

MissyL

HSC
no i didn't ! i did a magazine article for my creative writing about my past experiences around the world which inturn reflect on my personality - i go to newington / and you said people did much worst!? how?
The dude who sat in front me left out the whole section of section C and half of B. Some retard kid I know did worse than him apparently and didn't even write a page for creative! His responses were all lacking of a technique too and also his reports were like straight B's and 2 C's no A's. There ya go Mr Unhappy

theenglishkid12

HSC
There were 72 people on the list, I saw the number cos my name was last on the sheet lololol
oh was that including year 9 ? because it didn't seem like 72 people ( for year 11) what school did you go too?

MissyL

HSC
oh was that including year 9 ? because it didn't seem like 72 people ( for year 11) what school did you go too?
Nah the year 11 one was separate to the year 9 one remember? Went to carlo lol. What are your reports like man? Maybe they can make up for what you say is bad performance in test

theenglishkid12

HSC
Nah the year 11 one was separate to the year 9 one remember? Went to carlo lol. What are your reports like man? Maybe they can make up for what you say is bad performance in test
cant remember my report but wasnt straight A's but it was decent :) - did you add literary devices to all your short answers lol? i only didnt the " what book has influenced your life" last q for short answer, do you remember the quote from the extended response?

theenglishkid12

HSC
and if you say that you only missed the last page of maths.. and the last q for B you'll make it in.. i did much worst

MissyL

HSC
cant remember my report but wasnt straight A's but it was decent :) - did you add literary devices to all your short answers lol? i only didnt the " what book has influenced your life" last q for short answer, do you remember the quote from the extended response?
Yeah i had it for everything except for the book thing, man i hated that. "You don't know who you truly are until you reflect it on the places you have been to" somethign like that haha. Good job on reports! they might be able to save you :) did you get any top 10 ranks? That can save you even further. Well other than reports, are your co-currics good?

MissyL

HSC
and if you say that you only missed the last page of maths.. and the last q for B you'll make it in.. i did much worst
Lol just cos i missed out on only a few questions doesn't mean i wouldn't of got any other questions wrong... And that's what I'm most nervous about, whether i got how much wrong in the questions i attempted

theenglishkid12

HSC
Lol just cos i missed out on only a few questions doesn't mean i wouldn't of got any other questions wrong... And that's what I'm most nervous about, whether i got how much wrong in the questions i attempted
got reps sport , btw i just realised, my extended response wasnt a creative piece LOL, i tuned it to a magazine article - not putting in anything to do with creative writing.

MissyL

HSC
got reps sport , btw i just realised, my extended response wasnt a creative piece LOL, i tuned it to a magazine article - not putting in anything to do with creative writing.
Lol wasn't there an option where you can make it into an article? Also, what other schools did you try out for?

theenglishkid12

HSC
Lol wasn't there an option where you can make it into an article? Also, what other schools did you try out for?
yeah there was an option, but i dont believe i made it "creative" to the criteria i.e show not tell. i did fort street, tech and sydney - ugh im dieing inside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)