I feel sorry for teachers !!! am i sad? (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
i really feel sorry for some teachers , i just realised a while ago that they are human beings that just want to teach ( or want money ) . I feel sorry especially for those teachers who try there best to teach but no 1 listens and inside they are feeling a sense of shame.

Or those who cant control the class , cant speak english properly , who leaves the school cause of a particular student , who even cries

reminds me of that simpson episode , the yo yo 1 when bart falls for the teacher

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
their job is to teach, hence the name teacher right?
now if they cant do it well, either through inability to speak english well or controlling their class, then they arent doing their job well enough. note: "job", as in they are getting paid to teach us.

its a case where they have to be competant, not just try their best. well, thats in an ideal world...it will never actually happen on an aggregate realistic level.
but you do get exceptions.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
If they can't handle students, maybe teaching isn't the job for them.

kow_dude

HSC
I dont feel 'sorry' for those teachers who cannot teach and/or handle the class. They piss me off because they get paid no matter what they do with us... and if they can't teach properly... our HSC will be screwed... will you feel sorry for that?

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i feel sorry for them if they are nice people, but yeah many cant control classes, they just need more disicpline or something

Giant Lobster

HSC
nah I agree...

Some teachers just need a break, cos at times, the majority of students are just assholes...
Im all for incompetent teachers getting the sack, but there are some teachers who are sincerely trying their best, who are competent, but just dont have the skills to control the class.

e.g. i had a science teacher in yr 10 who had a Ph.D in nuclear physics or something and he was an immigrant so he had to settle with a lame high school teaching job. Now, damn, I thought he was an excellent teacher. He cud answer anything I chuck at him. But cos his english was funny and he didnt really have much exp. handling stupid ppl, he had to leave. Well at least thats y i think he left.

KarmaKitten

HSC
thats why i love my school. and so do teachers aparantly. substitute teachers are always amazed at how well behaved and willing to learn we are.

being a jackass to teachers wont get you anywhere.

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
i feel sorry for my teachers occassionally ie maths teacher cos she has this really weird accent and cant handle our class even when we aer in alphabetica order cos we get along with everyone and love to gossip...stupid girls

astro

HSC
i'm not one of the culprits that put teachers esp. newbies in complete misery... there are some i feel sorry for....they try to mean well

Seabiscuit

HSC
I feel sorry for some teachers because it is sad to see them end up in the wrong profession, because some of them REALLY CAN'T TEACH. At my school there are quite a few like that. I used to be really for teacher pay rises because i have a teacher in the family, so any payrise would benefit me as well, but now i am against so many pay rises for teachers because a lot of them just aren't doing their job, or are not trying to improve their teaching styles.
But i think its wrong for teachers to leave a school just because of a student or because they have an accent. Because these teachers may actually be good teachers, which is rare..

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by redruM
their job is to teach, hence the name teacher right?
now if they cant do it well, either through inability to speak english well or controlling their class, then they arent doing their job well enough. note: "job", as in they are getting paid to teach us.

its a case where they have to be competant, not just try their best. well, thats in an ideal world...it will never actually happen on an aggregate realistic level.
but you do get exceptions.
Could I use the same logic and apply student means "to study"..........

Sorry, didnt see it anywhere in my job description to do the job of some people's parents and "teach" common manners, basic respect and politeness......
This line of "incompetent teachers who cant control us" is a wank. There is no such thing as an incompetant teacher as they wouldnt have graduated uni if they were. Its more about style and manner. IMO the real problem of "incompetant teachers" (as you like to call them) is a**hole students who think they know everything and blame everyone and everything around them for not getting what their inflated egos tell them they should be getting (look at some of the comments here- ever hear of taking responsibility instead of blaming?)
Just defending my chosen profession. When you graduate uni and have a job (and can do it well) (as I am willing to bet that most here would not last 20 minutes in a real classroom), then we will talk!!

{edited some comments out of respect for others}

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i had a bit of a reputation as a teachers pet, but i didnt suck up to teacher, i just didnt give them any shit. thier just normal people trying to do a job.
however, substitutes annoyed me, essentially they were glorified babysitters, and quite often we knew more about the subject they were trying to teach than they did.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
sorry if I sounded agro- I have just spent 7 hours (round trip) on the road with my school football team.......(I didnt have to and I dont get paid for it) and to visit this board and read some the BS in this thread just makes me wonder why I (and thousands of other teachers in this state) even bother.......
Thanks to those who try and make the job a little easier by being simply human but to the brats who bitch and moan..... maybe next time you are serving someone in your petty part-time job and they give you a little bit of grief, you might just realise (just a little bit) what it is like for us that have dedicated our lives to doing a job that we love. (why else would you do it? the money! Ha!!)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by v sia
i really feel sorry for some teachers , i just realised a while ago that they are human beings that just want to teach ( or want money ) . I feel sorry especially for those teachers who try there best to teach but no 1 listens and inside they are feeling a sense of shame.

Or those who cant control the class , cant speak english properly , who leaves the school cause of a particular student , who even cries

reminds me of that simpson episode , the yo yo 1 when bart falls for the teacher
i feel slack for teachers that are good teachers and nice ppl and i muck up in their class ... i know i know i should control myself .. but sometimes i just wanna have fun

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
In a situation where "an incompetant teacher is unable to control a class", I'm more inclined to be frustrated at the stupid idiots in the class rather than blame the teacher i.e my economics class :angry:

santaslayer

HSC
But the teacher is crap? I couldn't feel sorry for them one bit. They went through training to teach! :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
But the teacher is crap? I couldn't feel sorry for them one bit. They went through training to teach! :)
Yes and no...... they dont actually teach you to "teach" as such...... + nothing beats experience and hands on.
(plus it may be more a matter of opinion than fact) for eg, they may be a brilliant junior teacher but struggle with some seniors (clash of personalities, teach not "qualified" to teach that particular subject-as is the case for most of us eg Im history trained and I teach PE-most teacher teach or have taught outside of their faculty/training etc). Does this make them "crap" as you say? or human?
Like I said, this line of thinking is a little unfair as you are not/may not be qualified to make such an judgement call. Are you basing this on a total period of time (eg. entire course) or isolated incidents? Have you looked at their entire teaching range and methodology or are you basing it on a clash of opinion or personality or an isolated lesson/series of lessons?
Im not saying that there are no "bad" teachers out there (Im not that naive) but to call a professional "incompetant"when you have no background or experience to make such a call is just rude. This is the job of the administration to make such a call, not the students as it crosses a BIG line that is becoming more and more blurred as the rights and status of teachers are diminished everyday.
Again, apologies for defending my profession and my peers but I just think it is wrong what some of you are saying here (esp. the uni students who should know better as uni lecturers are not the best eg's of "teachers" or teaching pedagogy !!)

twiddla

Guess you have to feel for them a bit - but when you look at it - other professions like med. you don't feel sorry the doctor who doesn't kno what the heck is going on. To me part of being a teacher is to make the learning environment top class (excuse the pun) but if they aren't they aren't really doing their job properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)