WHAT SHOULD I CHOOSE? Software or IPT? (1 Viewer)

MutantKitty

HSC
Hey, my sister is in year 10 and needs help choosing IPT or Software. She isn't extremely adept with computers, but wants to do one of them. I get the vibe that she is more into programming than hardware, but the ease of IPT could outweigh the value of her interest in programming.

She could do both, but that would involve dropping Modern History, which she perceives as easy (thus a higher mark).

Any conversation is appreciated, if you feel as though they are of the same difficulty/value do not feel as though you must lean one way or the other.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
if she is into programming then SDD -> iirc you learn a little bit of code

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
In IPT, your sister will learn a little bit for hardware, software, programming and application.
I don't really know about SDD but it is more in depth with software, coding and application.
I'd recommend her to try both and drop one of them in Yr12.

MutantKitty

HSC
I recommended that she tried 14 units for the start of next year, got a taste of everything and dropped the one that she felt was the worst (perhaps she would like both computing subjects and drop modern/ancient history or something). The school is refusing to let her start with 14 though, because they are a bunch of Nazis (I graduated from there last year, you can imagine my frustration when I received 71 internal mark for English, bought my HSC English paper to prove a point and got 91% on it).

bongoli

HSC
IPT ---> Bad scaling, more or less a generalized view of computers and their applications; still invaluable knowledge.
SSD ---> Better scaling, much more indepth and harder in terms of programming, but anyone with a devout interest in programming should definitely do SDD.

IMO do both, see how it goes cause different people have different tastes

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
IPT ---> Bad scaling, more or less a generalized view of computers and their applications; still invaluable knowledge.
SSD ---> Better scaling, much more indepth and harder in terms of programming, but anyone with a devout interest in programming should definitely do SDD.

IMO do both, see how it goes cause different people have different tastes
IPT doesn't have a bad scaling does it?

astroman

HSC
IPT is pretty easy if you have a general understanding of computers and networks.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Do software. I was gonna do it but then it didn't run (and I go to a technology school which is pretty lame since they said they'd run all the courses..I do multimedia instead.)
I have friends who do IPT and they hate it. It seems very similar to IST which I did in yr 9/10 kinda boring Tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)