Here are my application for the next year selective (1 Viewer)

coyazayo

HSC
Hi I am a student from Killara High who tried for the selective, got into Normanhurst but was declined due to visa problems. Here I am in Year 8 trying out for selective in 2015. Here are my Reports

Maths: A PDHPE: B
English: A Technology: A
Science: A
Music: B
V.A: A
Geo: A
Language: A

Naplan:
Reading: Band 9
Writing: Band 7
Spelling: Band 9
Grammar: Triangle
Numeracy: Triangle

other Stuff:
Amc: Distinction
Icas science: distinction
Recieved 'Outstanding Achievement' Award at the award ceremony
Dux (Primary school)
Debating club
Chess Club
SRC (primary)
Gifted and Talented program yr8
Gifted ans talented science (if I get in)

Im trying out For James Ruse, Baulkham Hills and North Sydney boys. Pls rate and Tell me how this looks and if I can get into any one of these. :)
Tell me what I could improve on:party:

Also I wanna known if ur primary extracurricular stuff counts PLS ANSWER IT ASAP

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
u have a chance at all those schools, i highly recommend u do some school representative sport, join school clubs like robotics, public speaking, and do community events like clean up australia day, red shield appeal, etc.

Papercutter

HSC
Your report is looking pretty good! I think most selective schools take into account, the things you did in primary, but they focus more on secondary. NAPLAN is also excellent, and if you don't make it in this year, you can take the chance to work on your writing skills for Year 9 NAPLAN. The extra-curricular awards will definitely help increase your chances, and like astroman said, it wont hurt to take part in other activities as well.

Good luck to you!

hammad78

HSC
Hi Mate,
I know its an old post and you are probably already close to your HSC but i am in exactly similar situation to what you were in at the time of this post.
The only difference is that i am in Year 7 in Epping Boys High GAT.

Can you please write a few lines about how was your detailed experience and whether you managed to get in? And if you did, what schools?
I am especially interested to know if your overall achievement record you have stated above was enough to get you an Year 9 selective entry or not?

Thanks and will appreciate a response although it may not be directly beneficial to what you are up against at the moment (HSC).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)