Selective high school test NSW (1 Viewer)

Spellbrook

HSC
N/A
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how to obtain past selective high school test papers? Can only find 2001,2002,2003 and 2007, looking for more recent? Also could anyone let me know what the most recent creative writing prompts were, narrative or persuasive? Thank you so much for any help

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how to obtain past selective high school test papers? Can only find 2001,2002,2003 and 2007, looking for more recent? Also could anyone let me know what the most recent creative writing prompts were, narrative or persuasive? Thank you so much for any help
Pretty sure you have to buy past papers...

Fiction

HSC
lol I could tell you the creative prompt for the year I sat it in. Which may or may not be the 2009 one, depending on how good my maffs is. I think it was something along the lines of

Write a story about a messy room.

There might've been a visual, if there was, then there's a good chance there was a guitar in it. Either way, it definitely revolved around a messy room.

Obviously with the above writing prompt, you don't just describe about a room - you don't even have to base your story on it (cuz that's what half the state would probably do). Btw, with creative writing at a primary - year 7 level, try to use all 5 senses if you can. I.e if you're writing about running away from something you can employ taste through bile, smell through scent of sweat etc.

Also, can't remember but you can also be given a "discuss" question? If you can, make sure you explore both sides of an argument and all stakeholders - or the primary ones if you don't have enough time. I doubt there's any structure in these arguments at the selective school level (I didn't follow any) other than common sense.

Fiction

HSC
http://www.selectivehighschools.com/Sample-questions
http://bettereducation.com.au/Resources/PastTestPapers.aspx

Also you probably should tell us which placement test you are sitting..

I.E year 7
I thought selective school tests were only for year 6 students trying out for selective high schools? Pretty sure all the tests after year 6 depend solely on the individual school(s) the indiviudal chooses to apply for. So it's not the same for say Ruse and Sydney girls for example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)