Hurlstone entrance test 2014 (1 Viewer)

Music

HSC
So apparently only 2 people were interviewed for year 8 - going to year 9.
1 got in and the another is unknown.
Why is there so little people getting?

hayabusaboston

HSC
I did the test for yr 10-11.

The quantity of people chosen can simply be because of spots available in a particular grade. Typically though, the higher the grade, the less spots available.

No idea why only 2 people would have been interviewed, perhaps because you guys were "maybe's" and everyone else just smashed the exam or something? haha

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
From Years 7 to 10, selective schools are less inclined to accept a larger number of students (i.e. less demand essentially) because student numbers are generally at maximum capacity in junior years.

Entry into Year 8, 9 and 10 is usually confined to under 5 students (for each grade) for most selective schools.

Then you can argue that for Entry into Year 11 (applications from Year 10 students), most selective schools are inclined to accept more students because they are assuming students will leave their school or simply, they are not at maximum capacity for the cohort that will be heading towards Years 11 and 12.

For entry into Year 11, selective schools tend to accept more students (e.g. 10, 15, 20, etc.)

Music

HSC
The 2 were interviewed was top 2 in the entrance exam. I came 6th place, didnt get an interview. Oh well next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)