Should/can I move schools? (1 Viewer)

rimatiger

HSC
So I'm doing my HSC through the compressed curriculum and got the first half of my results today. I was extremely disappointed (disregard biology, I know it won't count so I bludged it). I know it sounds like denial but I'm certain most of the reason for my poor marks is the extremely poor implementation of the compressed curriculum in my school: for instance, my physics class is full of extremely smart people who should be doing very well, but I was the only band 5 in the class with an 88 and nobody got a band 6.

My question is, what should I do? Is it too late to change to another school for the HSC, would I have to do prelim again? I got accepted into Penrith high in year 10 but decided not to go, I could probably get in again. Or should I stick with my current school and just take the marks I get and see what I can do with my atar? Is it possible for me to, for instance, sit my physics exam again next year along with my other subjects and take that mark instead?

Thanks.

Attachments

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
So I'm doing my HSC through the compressed curriculum and got the first half of my results today. I was extremely disappointed (disregard biology, I know it won't count so I bludged it). I know it sounds like denial but I'm certain most of the reason for my poor marks is the extremely poor implementation of the compressed curriculum in my school: for instance, my physics class is full of extremely smart people who should be doing very well, but I was the only band 5 in the class with an 88 and nobody got a band 6.

My question is, what should I do? Is it too late to change to another school for the HSC, would I have to do prelim again? I got accepted into Penrith high in year 10 but decided not to go, I could probably get in again. Or should I stick with my current school and just take the marks I get and see what I can do with my atar? Is it possible for me to, for instance, sit my physics exam again next year along with my other subjects and take that mark instead?

Thanks.
You can resit your HSC next year if you reenrol into the course

kyusungasong

HSC
Its better to stick with your school, theres still a lot of time left and a lot of change can be done. Persevere and try hard, you can still do well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)