Selective School Fort Street Help (1 Viewer)

catherine1102

HSC
Hello all,

This year, I tried out for Fort Street High School as a Year 11 student in 2015. So far, I've passed the entrance test and I have had my first interview with the principal. During that interview, she requested to have another interview with me and to see my semester two report. Because I've only received my report at the end of the year, I was unable to appoint an interview with the principal for my second interview before the end of year 10. I get to find out whether I can get into Fort Street next year, a week or two into Year 11. Do you think this would have an effect on my year 11 studies because I would have to change schools two weeks into Year 11 and I would also have to try to fit in and make friends. Do you think I will also get the offer considering they will be letting me know quite late?

Because of this, do you think i should just stay back at my own school (its ranked in the top 50 schools) or should I accept Fort St's offer if I get it? I know absolutely nothing about Fort St. Can someone tell me what the Yr 11 2015 students/cohort is like as well as the teachers?

Thank you so much! :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think doing 2 weeks in a different school will have a massive impact on your future studies..

madijd

HSC
I missed the first 2 weeks of yr 11 because I was finishing an exchange overseas and it was no problem!

zhertec

HSC
Congratulations on making it to the oldest selective school in Australia! Tbh you should you should definitely accept the offer if you want to maximise your atar (cohort wise it would be generally stronger than your current school I believe, hence the higher ranking-no offence or anything). And you wont be behind if you have been studying a bit through the first few weeks (provided that you are picking up the same subjects) and friends are not terribly hard to make, you'll always find a few new people as well who are willing to meet a new acquaintance and eventually you'll merge with larger groups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)