Recommendation for stationary: (pens) (1 Viewer)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
What kind of pen did you use in your HSC years and uni (if you write your notes)? I'm looking to buy a nice pen that will last me for at least 4-6 months under full load and can write really fast without leaving a smudge. I've bought some in the past from Officeworks but they have let me down. Let me know in the posts below, thanks.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Papermate inkjoy 300RT

Probs went through 30-40 packets of them and they're really good and the ink flows well. You don't have to apply too much pressure either.

For exams though Uniball signo 0.7 Gel grip worked well - you can write rlly fast with it so it's good for like english exams.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I use a BIC cristal easy glide system pen in medium. Tbh I don't mind pens that run out moderately quickly because it gives me immense satisfaction to know I have done a lot of work. I don't go for fine point pens because the writing quality of medium ballpoints also adds to the experience :p Also, writing on a rubber with this pen... Best feeling ever

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I use a BIC cristal easy glide system pen in medium. Tbh I don't mind pens that run out moderately quickly because it gives me immense satisfaction to know I have done a lot of work. I don't go for fine point pens because the writing quality of medium ballpoints also adds to the experience :p Also, writing on a rubber with this pen... Best feeling ever
truth

hahah

Lithone

HSC
My fave is Pilot G-2 05 ballpoint it just feels really good to write with - except it's pretty expensive ($6 or sth at officeworks) and they run out easily (my friend got refills overseas though so yayyy)

Jetstream pens are also great, reaaaaaaaaaaally smooth

iStudent

HSC
I prefer Inkjoys (doesn't have to be the expensive ones) - especially the lighter ones. I felt I wrote faster with them. Downside is that you burn through them super quickly (which wasn't a problem because I bought like 10 pens at a time)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
*stationery
lol grammar police checking in
I prefer Inkjoys (doesn't have to be the expensive ones) - especially the lighter ones. I felt I wrote faster with them. Downside is that you burn through them super quickly (which wasn't a problem because I bought like 10 pens at a time)
Those are good, uni balls are great.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
I use Artline pens... and I managed to write 17 pages for my prelim EX1 exam with it.

But I couldn't use it afterwards haha

astroman

HSC
their is a lifehack where instead of purchasing a really expensive pen you should buy the ink for it which is sigificantly cheaper and install it in an alternate plastic pen case.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
their is a lifehack where instead of purchasing a really expensive pen you should buy the ink for it which is sigificantly cheaper and install it in an alternate plastic pen case.
Yeah this is a really really good idea, it saves you money as well.

BombMacBomb

HSC
Uni Grad
Inkjoys are cheap and fast, but they can smudge quite a bit if you can't keep your writing up. A more expensive option would be Uni Power Tanks, which I found were really good. However, they're also very pricey and they run out very quickly.

Also, I have used Mont Blanc pen refills (with a Mont Blanc ballpoint pen, because why not), and they're great, but they're kinda like high end audio systems in that they tend to make crappy things seem even worse. My handwriting is horrible and the pen just made it a little clearer to the markers that I cannot write clearly :haha:. Anyway, the refills did work very well for me in the English exams.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)