Textbook/workbooks & Selective Tests Preparation (1 Viewer)

sydmum

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could recommend good study guides and workbooks for students within Year 3 to Year 6 preparing for OC, Naplan and Selective Tests. What other books could help students achieve good scores and prepare themselves for these tests.
In addition to the above what other type of reading/writing could help with English Comprehension & Writing and General Ability tests.

There are so many guides and books on the bookshelf and I am a bit confused what to buy.

For those of you who have attended selective schools I was wondering when and how did you prepare for these tests (For example solving of past papers, tutoring etc). What helped you most with your selective tests.

Thank you for all your suggestions and feedback.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Past Papers Past Papers Past Papers, whether it be for NAPLAN, OC or selective. I recommend 'Excel Test Zone' online for practice questions when just nailing down past papers for your son/daughter gets a bit repetitive. The important thing is that you can go over the questions with your child and explain what and why they got wrong :)
Also as a kid I did a lot of the UNSW ICAS tests, which I felt helped :)

sydmum

HSC
N/A
Thanks HecticSandWitch for your suggestions. Are the excel selective and naplan books with sample tests helpful too or just past papers from internet would be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)