Security cameras and high schools (1 Viewer)

thebigticket

HSC
Hi I was just wondering whether high schools in nsw have security cameras installed in class rooms

I can see security cameras outside the school and in the computer room but in other classrooms there are devices placed at the top corner of the room.
It looks like a motion sensor and blinks on and off

In a news article I read that 2 other public schools had installed security cameras but not sure where they are located
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...bullies-on-pause/story-e6freuzi-1226311797645

It kind of makes me feel self conscious about who could be watching me

If there are security cameras in class rooms who do u think r watching?
Maybe the principal or other teachers

astroman

HSC
the flashing things are motion sensors, im not sure if they record video but definitely detect motion somehow. It's more or less for protecting against unauthorised access after school hours rather than for watching students.

suika

HSC
I love how every school mentioned is located in the west.

My high school had the cameras and I remember they installed them just to stop us 'trespassing' (we were connected to another school and we weren't allowed to use their facilities but they were lmao). Oh yeah, we had a keying incident so maybe that's why as well...

But don't worry too much about the cameras. They are like any other security camera found throughout Australia.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
True story:

They put cameras in the sick bay of my school because two kids from year 9 (this was ages ago, like the 90's) were found together (doing you know what) "out of school uniform" (One of the teachers was explaining this at a recent anniversary for our school, and used this term, I laughed so hard)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
My school has 24 security cameras installed, every angle of the school and its corridors are covered, computer rooms and staff rooms such as canteen, school office and server room etc. I haven't fully investigated more about the camera locations yet...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)