Experiences during the hsc (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
All experience and stories you have had during the hsc exam.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Got locked outside on balcony of assessment less then 5 minutes before we had to be outside the assessment room!

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
do you mean like funny/interesting experiences? or sort of what to expect/what not to do?

i didnt have anything funny in the one exam i've had so far, but i shall learn to not eat museli before the test for breakfast (it was in first couple of periods) because the GI was awful and i was all unfocused and ravenous half way through.
Also, there were so many booklets (i had like 9), and it was impossible to fit them all on my desk nicely without them flying everywhere. I also ended up losing track of which questions i half-finished and stuff, because there were lots of pages to go through to get to them, and there was no space on the desk to have a 'to do' pile and a 'done' pile etc.
all in all did ok.

i dont know what you were looking for, but there are just some very unintersting remarks about my one exam.

Intrinsic

HSC
After SOR I exam, people were discussing answers, on my way out one student decided to change his multiple choice answers quickly while supervisors were walking around signing off on students. He did get away with it btw.

I had been drinking water before and during the exam. There was 30 minutes until the economics exam was about to finish. I was seriously busting to go to the toilet, but I knew I would regret it if I wasted time going to the toilet, so I decided to spend the next 30 minutes finishing off the paper in constipation lol.

There isn't much to it tbh, everyone's just there to do their exam.

Constantine

HSC
Love these posts! Reading other experiences is always fun.
During the HSC you tend to feel really alone because everyone is so busy doing their own thing... but reading of these posts on BOS now makes me realise the struggle was more common than I thought. Oh well, better late than never aye?

One experience during the HSC that will always stay with me is the consequence of hours and hours of essay practice writing. In the lead up to the trials and HSC, I wanted to increase my writing speed and so I practised and practised. In the end the skin of my hand (the part that made contact with the paper) actually started peeling off and bleeding because of the repetitive movement of rubbing against the paper. Even though it hurt quite a bit all I did was put on a bandaid and went back to it. Also, my hand would start to shake by itself towards the end of the HSC if I wasn't doing anything. It stopped about a week after my last exam.

Lesson of the story - take breaks in between studies.

On a lighter note. Before each exam I would meet up with my friends in the library in order to do some last minute study together. However, majority of the time we all just ended up talking about some random piece of news, films, gossip etc. I found that this really helped me to relax. One person would like NO STOP, I NEED TO STUDY. Yet, two minutes later we'll go off again. By that point I think we all knew that deep inside, we just wanted to break away from reality for a moment and not worry about that exam waiting around the corner.

The HSC also made me realise who my real friends are.
The ones who are willing to stick with you no matter what, and those who just want something or are not willing to help you through a hard time.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
any stories of any lunatics during the hsc messing shit up?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
In our trial apparently in business someone stopped writing after 40 minutes or so (might've been less). It was a three hour exam!

Constantine

HSC
In our trial apparently in business someone stopped writing after 40 minutes or so (might've been less). It was a three hour exam!

One person only?

My business trial had up to ten people leaving in the first hour.
For Modern History it was like ~ 5.
Economics we had 3.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
One person only?

My business trial had up to ten people leaving in the first hour.
For Modern History it was like ~ 5.
Economics we had 3.
Well apparently they were really ''distracting''

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)