Work Experience? (1 Viewer)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Hey, what kind of work experience are you planning to do or did in the past?
I'm considering teaching lil kids piano but mehhh still on the fence. Need more options

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
I went to a film studio run by one person called upstair studios. It was amazing! I got to help out with filming interviews for Ryde council, search for potential clients, choose music for an ad, watch him edit things in after effects (ahhhh omg wow) and yeah. It was in fox studios so lots of food and fun stuff to do near by and the people were really nice and lovely :D

tofusenpai

HSC
I went to a film studio run by one person called upstair studios. It was amazing! I got to help out with filming interviews for Ryde council, search for potential clients, choose music for an ad, watch him edit things in after effects (ahhhh omg wow) and yeah. It was in fox studios so lots of food and fun stuff to do near by and the people were really nice and lovely :D
That's so cool! How did you apply?

Papercutter

HSC
I did my work experience at USYD at their Civil Engineering building! It wasn't really work experience so much as observation but in the end it was definitely worth it. You can look online to see if there are any vacancies as well but I think most of them are closed by now.

You don't need to necessarily choose a typical place like a small convenience store or grocery market. NSW Fire and Rescue offers spots and a friend of mine did hers at a hospital.

Go for anything that interests you and remember you can apply for another work placement elsewhere if you end up not liking your first choice!

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Just ask a store that you're familiar with or a place where you buy your items from. I did my working experience at a local pharmacy where my parents buy their medicine from.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
That's so cool! How did you apply?
I was actually really lucky to find this guy, because had my heart set on some film work experience (for obvious reasons haha) so i was calling around everywhere and either they wouldn't take year 10 students, or i was too late, or they couldn't be bothered and had no idea what i was on about.
I joined an after school film workshop that was running at my school for free and then the presenter/host person there was a filmmaker, so i asked him if he knew any places where i could apply and he asked whether i would want to work with him! And there we go, I went on their website, emailed him and got all forms signed etc.

He said that is was cool to have a work experience student, and I asked whether my friend could do it as well, and he said that he could host her, however he does like to meet the person beforehand.

I would suggest that you email him from his website http://upstairstudios.com/ and maybe say that 'Kat' suggested you ask him or something.
Good Luck!

tofusenpai

HSC
I was actually really lucky to find this guy, because had my heart set on some film work experience (for obvious reasons haha) so i was calling around everywhere and either they wouldn't take year 10 students, or i was too late, or they couldn't be bothered and had no idea what i was on about.
I joined an after school film workshop that was running at my school for free and then the presenter/host person there was a filmmaker, so i asked him if he knew any places where i could apply and he asked whether i would want to work with him! And there we go, I went on their website, emailed him and got all forms signed etc.

He said that is was cool to have a work experience student, and I asked whether my friend could do it as well, and he said that he could host her, however he does like to meet the person beforehand.

I would suggest that you email him from his website http://upstairstudios.com/ and maybe say that 'Kat' suggested you ask him or something.
Good Luck!
Thank you so much :) .It sounds really cool and pretty fun

HSC
I applied for a law firm and got accepted. I found out about this place from my careers adviser who keeps lists of where people went in past years so I suggest you do that too! Good luck with finding work experience.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I recall doing 2 weeks of work experience at a certain IT firm, didn't amount to too much on my resume though. Tbh just reach out to as many opportunities as possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)