what should i do? (1 Viewer)

crimsoncurse

HSC
i recently got an assessment back from my english teacher, i got a 15/20, not the worst but not the best, but at the end of my assessment the teacher drew a line along a section of my essay and noted "No! This is crap".
what should i do im kind of confused, should i ask the teacher why she wrote it, should i take this to the principle, or am i being a little bi*ch about this and suck it up>

HSC
i recently got an assessment back from my english teacher, i got a 15/20, not the worst but not the best, but at the end of my assessment the teacher drew a line along a section of my essay and noted "No! This is crap".
what should i do im kind of confused, should i ask the teacher why she wrote it, should i take this to the principle, or am i being a little bi*ch about this and suck it up>
your teacher needs to control her language in the feedback. It's supposed to be constructive
Go up to her and ask what she didn't like about it and how you can fix it

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
If you take it up with the principle then there's a high chance that the principle will go and talk to the teacher about her crude language. Assuming that she didn't use similar language on others' essays then she will know that you were the "whistle-blower". This in turn will most likely get you on her bad side which is last thing you want during your HSC year.

So I suggest that you talk to your teacher about it first :)

Also did any other students in your class get similar comments?

Are you sure that it was your teacher that marked it? At my school they have a policy where your own teacher does not mark it; it is marked by two other teachers and they average the mark to give you your final mark.

Good luck with sorting this out, and no, you're not being a bitch about it. Unless the teacher was using it in a "joke-like manner" (which I highly doubt seeing as this is a significant assessment task) then it should be sorted out.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Go back and ask for constructive criticism.

Was the section ''crap''? In your opinion too?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
In your UAC application say that you were severely traumatised in your HSC year hence you qualified for and obtained a disability pension. Then see them bonus points rolling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)