Year 11 Selective High School Entry (1 Viewer)

dlau

HSC
N/A
Best of luck to you too! What schools are you interested in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Best of luck to you too! What schools are you interested in?

Hi, I am interested in applying for a selective high school in Year 11.

My interests are:
Baulkham Hills High School
Hornsby Girls High School
North Sydney Girls High School or James Ruse Agricultural High School.

For my Year 10 Half Yearly, I received 8 A's and 1 B. Missed out on a straight A report by 1 mark! I also have a few co-curricular activities including community outreach.

Since I am only sit for one test, either ACER (Hornsby Girls and North Sydney) or Edu-Test (James Ruse), If I don't sit for the other test, then will my chances for my application be lowered. For example if I sit for the ACER test instead of the Edu-Test then will my chances of being offered a place at James Ruse be lowered?

Has anyone done the ACER or EDU-TEST before? What level of difficulty would you describe them?

dlau

HSC
N/A
What do you mean by lacking? Like you only have 3 co-curricular activities? :p Do you currently go to a selective school? Ruse is apparently accepting an additional 25 applicants for Yr11.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Has anyone actually done the EduTest? It would be great if you could share your experience.

dlau

HSC
N/A
Ruse's website gives a link to where you can obtain practice papers. Although I don't think the difficulty matches.

dlau

HSC
N/A
What selective school are you currently enrolled in? Nope I'm not enrolled in a selective school. I really want to attend one for my senior years though! :D

dlau

HSC
N/A
I've done ballet, netball, swimming, cheerleading, piano, leadership team, ministry class, community service. I don't have a lot either…. I'm guessing you probably have a lot of academic awards as well?

dlau

HSC
N/A
Well on majority of the schools' website. They only want your achievements from the past two years. I'm only photocopying from year 8 onwards.

dlau

HSC
N/A
Lasla, don't stress about co-curricular. The entrance test is like 90% of the decision if your doing one. How are you listing your schools in priority?

dlau

HSC
N/A
I still haven't made a decision whether to do the ACER test for Hornsby and north Sydney or the EDU TEST for James Ruse! Arughh! Tough decision to make. So it's either.

1. James Ruse
2. Baulko
3. North Sydney

Or

1. Hornsby
2. North Sydney
3. Baulko

dlau

HSC
N/A
I'll have to ring the school and ask if alternate arrangements can be made when school starts again! I'm sure you won't do poorly considering you already got into a selective school!! I wish the Year 11 entry would only evolve around one test that can be shared across all schools. Would definitely make decision making a lot simpler.

dlau

HSC
N/A
Well I believe probably around 200?

dlau

HSC
N/A
My imagination could be dreaming. But I do think the competition will be fierce! Lol :D.

dlau

HSC
N/A
I think we will both be fine! Make sure you give your email address to baulko too as if they accept you, you will receive a letter but if they don't offer you a place they will be sending out emails.

dlau

HSC
N/A
Have you done any preparation for the entrance exam? You know the question on the enrollment form how it says "why do you wish your child to attend an agricultural school" something along those lines. What are you going to write?

dlau

HSC
N/A
Hey lasla, unfortunately no alternate arrangements can be made…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)