Should I drop 2U Maths to General Maths? (1 Viewer)

SoTheySaid

HSC
Well here is my situation;
I'm going to be finishing YR11 in a term (wow) and i'm reflecting on the marks i've received this year. Some of them were excellent, some were good and others were bad. Specifically 2U Maths.. I hate it. And now i'm thinking about dropping it.

Below are my approximated marks this year so far:
2U Maths: 40%
Adv English: 60%
Physics: 65% (I'll most probs be dropping this end of this year)
Economics: 65% (Easily could have done better)
Business Studies: 88%
Society and Culture: 92%

These marks are pretty much the result of 1-2 tests, nothing else.

In the future, i'm looking to do Property Economics at UTS or something like that. Project Management maybe, not sure yet. But definitely not on the physics/maths side of careers.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
If you really dislike maths and your marks reflect on this notion, then yes you should definitely considering dropping. If you don't enjoy a subject then your motivation to study for it will be really low and thus your marks aren't going to improve.
Also a really good indication, as you mentioned above, is whether your future career involves that level of maths. If it doesn't, then you shouldn't have to put yourself through it. General is still really good and can be beneficial to people that need the "real-life/applicable maths"(although i beg to differ if you say that algebra and calculus is not useful in real life)
So to sum it up, i strongly recommend you drop it, your marks aren't going to increase unless you get a real passion over night, and it does not align with your career path.
Hope that helped.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Oh yeh enigma, i'm pleased to announce that today i finally convinced my teacher to start giving me hw from Cambridge. So the rest of the class gets MIF and i'll get Cambridge :biggrin:
Omg yesss so proud :D

You're officially part of the ~ Anti MIF Masterrace ~

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I feel like I'm the only person using Fitzpatrick D:
I used it like twice lel. Tbh I find cambridge slightly better to start off with because they have questions systematically. For fitzpatrick it's more jumbled and there's also less questions, so a smaller variety. But it's still a good book and the difficulty of the questions is quite good and suitable.

Brad727

HSC
I used MIF lel, rarely did hw anyways...
Yes drop 2u maths, people at my school got like 35% and dropped, and got like 95 in general (really fair) good old balancing...
General maths is OP, pls nerf BOS.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I used MIF lel, rarely did hw anyways...
Yes drop 2u maths, people at my school got like 35% and dropped, and got like 95 in general (really fair) good old balancing...
General maths is OP, pls nerf BOS.
Mif is a fucking joke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)