School Captain Speech Ideas (1 Viewer)

Whovian99

HSC
Hey Guys!

So i decided to run for school captain, but unfortunately we have to write a speech to present to our cohort.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what is suppose to be included in the speech?
And are jokes really that necessary in a captaincy speech?

Thank you!

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
If student's are judging it's mostly going to be a popularity contest, in that case, make something funny and original, and give people free stuff. Everyone loves free stuff, throw some lollies into the crowd when you finish speaking.

Silly Sausage

HSC
Depending on your school,

If student's are judging it's mostly going to be a popularity contest, in that case, make something funny and original, and give people free stuff. Everyone loves free stuff, throw some lollies into the crowd when you finish speaking.
+ ass-kissing and being alright in everyone's books (mainly the latter).

Last edited:

keepLooking

HSC
Just dont say "Reverse psychology works 90% of the time that's why I'm telling you guys not to vote for me."

Mr_Kap

HSC
Just say Obama's speech. Instant position as school captain.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
"I have a dream that every one of us with get 99.95 atar"
"I have a dream that we will outsmart james ruse"

#bestspeechever

blackbird_14

HSC
Funny jokes are a great way to break up the atmosphere but make sure they're funny. I would recommend making it relatable to your year group that everyone can go "oh yeah I remember that". Don't go listing EVERY SINGLE CHARACTERISTIC THAT WOULD MAKE YOU A GREAT SCHOOL CAPTAIN because besides from being boring, it sounds like you're boasting about yourself. Instead, choose the best ones.

Good luck for your speech- and don't forget the lollies! Everyone loves free food :D

Chris_S

HSC
Puns are effective! Trust me both our captains at my school used puns and won easily! But it depends on your cohort are they smart and sophisticated or lazy and don't care?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)