How do you apply and study for SAT? (1 Viewer)

Simorgh

HSC
I am in year 10 at the moment and I could be possibly aspiring to do my future undergraduate studies in the US. I have been wondering first how do you apply to be a SAT student and second thing, is the SAT any different from the HSC like in the subjects and difficulty, also like what can you study for both at once?

If someone could elaborate more on all of this, I would be really grateful. At the moment I am just fancying my options earlier right now then later. I would love to end up somewhere in America like Stanford or MIT.

I was kinda inspired by this SMH article, Australian HSC students have Ivy League universities in their sights

http://www.smh.com.au/national/educ...ivy-league-20150610-ghkmy5.html#ixzz3jcsRkQZz

Last edited:

blu5959

HSC
The SAT is an exam that is separated into three sections: critical reading, writing (25 minute essay followed by multiple choice on grammar) and a math section. It is administered by the College Board (google it) and you register on their official site. SAT is very different from HSC and you need to study for it particularly. It's good that you're starting in year 10, because a lot of the people that got in have really amazing awards (think International Olympiad medals).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)