Making notes (1 Viewer)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
When making notes, do you guys handwrite them or do you type them out on the computer?
I found that handwriting them helps me remember them more but takes soo damn long. Typing is ok and I can do a lot more work but i don't absorb as much. Plus using the computer can get distracting with youtube a mere two clicks away :p

psyc1011

#truth
HSC
What is your purpose at the end of the day? To deepen your understanding of the material?

Flop21

HSC
My notes are usually typed because they are my main copy that I can print multiple times and add to and reformat throughout the year.

I don't get why people hand write their main copy of their notes.

Hand write when you study as much as you want.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
What is your purpose at the end of the day? To deepen your understanding of the material?
Pretty much, and to have summarised material in order to revise during exam periods

psyc1011

#truth
HSC
Pretty much, and to have summarised material in order to revise during exam periods
My legendary highschool teacher taught me an ancient technique to achieve mastery of content. Without aid of anything and just a blank sheet of paper and pen/pencil and a topic in mind. Write down all you know as if you are teaching it to someone. This is time consuming but is INCREDIBLY helpful for one to identify flaws in understanding and it forces cogitation!

Then I suggest typing up notes since you will most likely be modifiying it in the future - try to control yourself from going on youtube or just disconnect from the internet

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)