Anyone know how to verify EAS documents? (1 Viewer)

MysteryMoon

HSC
I've got my documents and everything and I know that I have to go to someone like my local pharmacist to get it verified. What does 'verify' actually mean in this case? Do they need to write anything on the documents? Apparently I gave my documents to him and asked him to verify it and he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Any suggestions?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Does he have a stamp? If he does tell him to stamp your documents for you with his signature underneath.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
So say I'm applying for the personal illness/disability category, which requires medical impact statements from doctors. I've got that. But what other supporting evidence can I submit? I was going to submit letters from doctors and reports, but what does it mean they need verification??

Does that mean someone has to sign each document I provide, now? Or would the original signature of the person who originally wrote the document be okay?
Okay so you've got your medical impact statement, have you also get your medical certificates? Because that's one of the things you will need that's listed in the "documents required" column of the EAS booklet. Also does your doctor have his own stamp? Because that would help (if they are already stamped then don't worry). Also if they are already signed then don't worry, you won't need the doctor to sign it again (I think that's what you're trying to say).

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
So say I'm applying for the personal illness/disability category, which requires medical impact statements from doctors. I've got that. But what other supporting evidence can I submit? I was going to submit letters from doctors and reports, but what does it mean they need verification??

Does that mean someone has to sign each document I provide, now? Or would the original signature of the person who originally wrote the document be okay?
Documents can be verified by taking it to a JP, whom pretty much stamp it saying they are legit.

Librarians, doctors, some post offices and members of parliament do that as well

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
What is a medical certificate? Sorry I know I sound stupid. Should I have got the doctor to write up a letter and sign it (i.e. medical certificate?)?. A certificate could also just mean proof right? E.g. radiologist reports?
Doesn't your school ask you for a medical certificate if you were absent from school because you were sick? It's basically a report that the doctor examined you on x day and you have y sickness with his signature/stamp/or any other thing to verify the medical certificate.

MysteryMoon

HSC
Does he have a stamp? If he does tell him to stamp your documents for you with his signature underneath.
So do I pretty much need him to stamp and sign it? That seems simple compared to what my careers advisor said. Thanks.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
So do I pretty much need him to stamp and sign it? That seems simple compared to what my careers advisor said. Thanks.
or if s/he doesn't have a stamp, they would write "this document is true and correct... etc" and sign it

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
It's as simple as that, what did your careers adviser tell you?

MysteryMoon

HSC
It's as simple as that, what did your careers adviser tell you?
She said something like the verifier has to write reasons proving how the evidence on the documents disadvantages me and to add his details or something...

StudyToDeath

HSC
This is so annoying.
I've got to find someone to verify my documents too!

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
So someone at my school has to fill out "educational impact statement". In regards to personal issues like parent's divorcing and personal illness/disability, how is the school suppose to know enough about them to judge what impact it has had on my education?

Especially since I'm actually doing okay in school, and to an outsider it might look like I'm doing well, but that's just because I've worked hard - and obviously would have done a lot better without these disadvantages. So does anyone know how the school judges these things?
Don't worry about that, I'm sure the person who fills out the impact statement will write that you have been affected, etc.

StudyToDeath

HSC
So someone at my school has to fill out "educational impact statement". In regards to personal issues like parent's divorcing and personal illness/disability, how is the school suppose to know enough about them to judge what impact it has had on my education?

Especially since I'm actually doing okay in school, and to an outsider it might look like I'm doing well, but that's just because I've worked hard - and obviously would have done a lot better without these disadvantages. So does anyone know how the school judges these things?
I got my school to do mine today, they didn't question it. I still need to find a Juctice of the Peace :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)