Does Psychology 3 & 4 need a tutor? (1 Viewer)

Bookz and Stuff

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,
So I'm wondering if I need a tutor for Psychology 3&4 for next year. I'm doing early VCE and I'm not sure if it is really necessary to get a tutor? Also any study tips would be heplful.
;) Thanks

psyc1011

#truth
HSC
You decide whether you require external assistance, also have a solid reason why you are going for tuition. Many people mindlessly go tutoring...

I received tutoring for mathematics because I had trouble understanding stuff

I don't know how psyc 3&4 tutoring works but I would see if I can do the course alone, otherwise tutoring required. If you know a renowned tutoring place for psyc, go check it out and see if it's helpful. It took me testing 3 tutoring centres to find the best one for me in which my improvement exponentially increased and interest in maths skyrocketed

Last edited:

psyc1011

#truth
HSC
alright thank you
np, a study tip is to be reflective and identify problems with your study methods, then fix them

another tip is to not focus on hours done, rather to focus on tasks completed. say, I recorded 10hours a day for a month, very good hours, but that doesnt mean I used those 10hrs efficiently. studying task-based will give you direction and focus on specific areas

I did psychology in uni and most is memorisation. my favourite parts were learning about the brain and the position of some areas. the best tip I can give you is to learn visually. Try learning about the cerebral cortex right now, then implement the visual learning style where you visualise the brain and identify frontol lobe, etc

the best processing technique is by visuals because the brains process more if it looks at images, so all i need to do is to close my eyes, focus and visualise the brain (i learnt other things too and technique worked effectively)

hope that helps and makes sense! best of luck with your studies! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)