am I weird (1 Viewer)

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
well hsc ended nearly a month ago but i miss it???? am i the only one???!??? like i still want to learn more hsc stuff but theres nothing else
im not saying this cz i'm top at everything, i just really liked the continuous stream of learning lol

Kolmias

HSC
I wouldn't say you are weird and it is very good to love learning. I don't see any 'weirdness' about that.

:)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
No? What's wrong with learning more?

I would learn stuff beyond the scope of HSC though, it's not very comprehensive.

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
I wouldn't say you are weird and it is very good to love learning. I don't see any 'weirdness' about that.

:)

No? What's wrong with learning more?

I would learn stuff beyond the scope of HSC though, it's not very comprehensive.
Thank you- a lot of my friends wonder why I still look through past notes even when exams are finished lol

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think a love of learning can ever be classified as weird-I myself did exactly the same thing 4 days after the HSC ended.

tyzzefloro

HSC
Just finished my first year of uni. Have not learnt anything. I miss the HSC where you could enjoy the humanities.

mrstripedshades

HSC
Just finished my first year of uni. Have not learnt anything. I miss the HSC where you could enjoy the humanities.
what course lol? I honestly am going to miss school a lot I think, the whole experience is great for me tbh. I love bludging every day with the boys. Getting responsibilities will suck and I still have NO clue on what I want to do/what I am going to do in uni. I've already begun to kind of miss school considering I basically have 3 terms left at this point and I have started thinking again of what I want to do on a daily basis

integral95

HSC
I would check out HSC math papers (the only subject I liked back then ahha) to see what kind of questions i could still do haha.

Yeah that's not weird lol.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
i missed bos during trials of 2013

probs some of the greatest online times of my life

whatdoitypehere

HSC
well hsc ended nearly a month ago but i miss it???? am i the only one???!??? like i still want to learn more hsc stuff but theres nothing else
im not saying this cz i'm top at everything, i just really liked the continuous stream of learning lol
That is precisely how I feel. Since the HSC has ended, I've started self-teaching the Legal Studies, Ancient History and Biology syllabuses, as these were all subjects I wished I could have done for my actual HSC. I would hazard to guess that I'm a HSC addict or something. Hopefully I'll get over it by uni. You're not weird, hahaha. You're just missing the sensation of learning.

My advice: Spice up some study. Mix fun with work. Try "drunk science". It's a way of studying I discovered which I find particularly enjoyable, though so far I've only found it to work with science subjects, especially chemistry. The procedure is outlined below:

1. Go to party/stay at home with science textbook. (Whatever is your preference)
2. Get inebriated. Dance the funky chicken on the table and generally make arse of self.
3. When beer/wine/spirits stock runs out and sobering up begins, read textbook, learn new concepts. Study science.
4. For bonus points: Teach as you're learning to any willing (drunk or not) fellow partygoers.

I hope this helps. Enjoy.

Best Regards, James

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Similar to queenroots point

I don't think it's weird but honestly studying HSC content is really inefficient in terms of knowledge acquistion (best way to describe it)
It follows a specific syllabus that for some subjects just isn't updated enough or relevant knowledge for use - it's just restricted in a sense.

If you want to learn more, do some online courses(some renowned American university have free courses you can enrol just like a normal subject at university)/watch videos on TED or follow some very good youtubers who teach you about the subjects you want but in a way that is covered more densely/is relevant in today's society and gets to the points YOU want to study.

HecticLad

HSC
That is precisely how I feel. Since the HSC has ended, I've started self-teaching the Legal Studies, Ancient History and Biology syllabuses, as these were all subjects I wished I could have done for my actual HSC. I would hazard to guess that I'm a HSC addict or something. Hopefully I'll get over it by uni. You're not weird, hahaha. You're just missing the sensation of learning.

My advice: Spice up some study. Mix fun with work. Try "drunk science". It's a way of studying I discovered which I find particularly enjoyable, though so far I've only found it to work with science subjects, especially chemistry. The procedure is outlined below:

1. Go to party/stay at home with science textbook. (Whatever is your preference)
2. Get inebriated. Dance the funky chicken on the table and generally make arse of self.
3. When beer/wine/spirits stock runs out and sobering up begins, read textbook, learn new concepts. Study science.
4. For bonus points: Teach as you're learning to any willing (drunk or not) fellow partygoers.

I hope this helps. Enjoy.

Best Regards, James
my dog told me that drugs and science go pretty well together, not that I would be encouraging that or anything :^)
but in all seriousness, i find the HSC syllabus to be pretty lame tbh, ive actually just been reading some uni level chemistry, maths and physics textbooks and watching khan academy stuff and its much more interesting imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)