Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 120
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Good schools in Western Suburbs

  1. #76
    Disillusioned BandSixFix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by tofusenpai View Post
    If you're speaking academic wise.

    In the west apart from the ones already mentioned; girra, penrith, sefton, parra

    (These are North West)I'd say Model Farms, Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, St Marys, Cabrra, Fairfield, Canley Vale - but these are academic

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Every school you mentioned here except Cherrybrook isn't that great

  2. #77
    Disillusioned BandSixFix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by eyeseeyou View Post
    They ranked top 100 for HSC rankings and are exactly in the same area as James Ruse
    They are improving, but knowing the people there I think it was just a storng cohort.

  3. #78
    Cole World Nailgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,218
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by BandSixFix View Post
    Every school you mentioned here except Cherrybrook isn't that great
    Girraween is in the top 10
    Penrith is in the top 30
    Sefton is in the top 55
    Cherrybrook is 61
    (Castle Hill is pree close too at 74)

    lol
    tofusenpai likes this.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

  4. #79
    Disillusioned BandSixFix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Nailgun View Post
    Girraween is in the top 10
    Penrith is in the top 30
    Sefton is in the top 55
    Cherrybrook is 61
    (Castle Hill is pree close too at 74)

    lol
    lol I mean these schools
    (These are North West)I'd say Model Farms, Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, St Marys, Cabrra, Fairfield, Canley Vale - but these are academic

    But Girra, Penrith, and Sefton are all selective.

  5. #80
    Cole World Nailgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,218
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by BandSixFix View Post
    lol I mean these schools
    (These are North West)I'd say Model Farms, Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, St Marys, Cabrra, Fairfield, Canley Vale - but these are academic

    But Girra, Penrith, and Sefton are all selective.
    Oh okay, you said "Every school you mentioned here" so I assumed you were including those ones as well lelel
    tofusenpai likes this.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

  6. #81
    Senior Member Shuuya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    837
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by BandSixFix View Post
    lol I mean these schools
    (These are North West)I'd say Model Farms, Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, St Marys, Cabrra, Fairfield, Canley Vale - but these are academic

    But Girra, Penrith, and Sefton are all selective.
    Oh haha I misread it too... You mean that Cherrybrook is the only good school out of the bolded list, right?
    HSC 2016:
    Mathematics | Mathematics Extension 1 | Advanced Engrish | Chemistry | Japanese Continuers | Japanese Extension

    Quote Originally Posted by leehuan View Post

  7. #82
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by BandSixFix View Post
    Every school you mentioned here except Cherrybrook isn't that great
    Cabra and Canley Vale are decent because I think they have accelerated maths

  8. #83
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by BandSixFix View Post
    lol I mean these schools
    (These are North West)I'd say Model Farms, Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, St Marys, Cabrra, Fairfield, Canley Vale - but these are academic

    But Girra, Penrith, and Sefton are all selective.
    IIRC Fairfield, Canley vale and cabra are west/southwest

  9. #84
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by BandSixFix View Post
    lol I mean these schools
    (These are North West)I'd say Model Farms, Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, St Marys, Cabrra, Fairfield, Canley Vale - but these are academic

    But Girra, Penrith, and Sefton are all selective.
    Sefton is partially selective

  10. #85
    Junior Member tofusenpai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Chill guys didn't mean to start beef apologies for the inaccuracy but they're somewhat good

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

  11. #86
    Disillusioned BandSixFix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuuya View Post
    Oh haha I misread it too... You mean that Cherrybrook is the only good school out of the bolded list, right?
    yes

  12. #87
    Disillusioned BandSixFix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,536
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by eyeseeyou View Post
    Cabra and Canley Vale are decent because I think they have accelerated maths
    Does having an accelerated subject increase your schools academic capability? (srs question)

  13. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Epping Boys, Carlingford, Cherrybrook and Cheltenham Girls are the only exceptionally good comprehensive schools if you consider those places Western Sydney.

    All the Selective schools in Western Sydney like Baulkham Hills, Girraween, Penrith, James Ruse etc.

    Private/religious schools in Western Sydney meh, don't bother going to any of them as they are all crap. If you want to go to those sorts of schools but good ones, better head towards the North shore or Eastern suburbs.

  14. #89
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by BandSixFix View Post
    Does having an accelerated subject increase your schools academic capability? (srs question)
    Well yes because that increases the amount of band 6's (by only like 10)

  15. #90
    Events Manager Carrotsticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs


  16. #91
    Premium Member anomalousdecay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs


  17. #92
    Premium Member anomalousdecay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    HSC
    2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs


  18. #93
    Junior Member tofusenpai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by BandSixFix View Post
    lol I mean these schools
    (These are North West)I'd say Model Farms, Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, St Marys, Cabrra, Fairfield, Canley Vale - but these are academic

    But Girra, Penrith, and Sefton are all selective.
    oP said good not great tho, based mine off the 'good' schools in the west,not much but those are those are the better schools in comparison


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    To be honest I consider most schools in the West except the Selective schools are total trash. I mean its Western Sydney after all! Even though Penrith is selective its usual rankings are pretty shit and sometimes even Girraween.

  20. #95
    Junior Member tofusenpai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Simorgh View Post
    To be honest I consider most schools in the West except the Selective schools are total trash. I mean its Western Sydney after all! Even though Penrith is selective its usual rankings are pretty shit and sometimes even Girraween.
    Yeh it's pretty sad tho esp with the western Sydney stigma


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #96
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Simorgh View Post
    To be honest I consider most schools in the West except the Selective schools are total trash. I mean its Western Sydney after all! Even though Penrith is selective its usual rankings are pretty shit and sometimes even Girraween.
    Well there are some good non selective schools in western sydney. If you're referring to "western sydney" I'm assuming you're referring to north, "west" and south western sydney rather than "western western sydney" (i.e. parramatta, penrith, etc)

    Carlingford high is one, you've got sefton high, prariewood high, bonnyrigg high, canley vale high, cherrybrook tech and yeah that's all I know of atm
    Last edited by eyeseeyou; 20 Aug 2016 at 4:36 PM.

  22. #97
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Simorgh View Post
    To be honest I consider most schools in the West except the Selective schools are total trash. I mean its Western Sydney after all! Even though Penrith is selective its usual rankings are pretty shit and sometimes even Girraween.
    Bruh they rekked fort street last year in the HSC

    Usually the good non selective schools are in the inner west (i.e. straithfield and burwood) and the northern surburbs

    Look at burwood girls as an example or a school like Mosman high or chatswood high
    Last edited by eyeseeyou; 20 Aug 2016 at 4:42 PM.

  23. #98
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by tofusenpai View Post
    Yeh it's pretty sad tho esp with the western Sydney stigma


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the best way to eliminate the stigma of "bad schools in western sydney" is that they should start introducing more fully selective (and some partially selective schools) in those low socioeonomic areas. I believe that by doing this, this starts to make western sydney "more academic like" and it creates a balance of good academic education facilities for students in all areas.

    Say in Area "A" there were 4 schools: school 1, school 2, school 3 and school 4 and all of them were non selective and weren't highly ranked, I think making school 1 in a fully selective school and making school 2 in a partially selective school will help the area in terms of its academics and although school 3 and school 4 remain local, the area will start to develop a reputation of some sort in academics
    Last edited by eyeseeyou; 20 Aug 2016 at 4:53 PM.

  24. #99
    Kosovo is Serbian RenegadeMx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    HSC
    2013
    Uni Grad
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by eyeseeyou View Post
    I think the best way to eliminate the stigma of "bad schools in western sydney" is that they should start introducing more fully selective (and some partially selective schools) in those low socioeonomic areas. I believe that by doing this, this starts to make western sydney "more academic like" and it creates a balance of good academic education facilities for students in all areas.

    Say in Area "A" there were 4 schools: school 1, school 2, school 3 and school 4 and all of them were non selective and weren't highly ranked, I think making school 1 in a fully selective school and making school 2 in a partially selective school will help the area in terms of its academics and although school 3 and school 4 remain local, the area will start to develop a reputation of some sort in academics
    good luck convincing the politicians to do this, there will never be meaningful change unless the problem of Low SES is strictly addressed. You will just have the good teachers move elsewhere instead of trying to change the system and have the shit teachers just stay there for the easy paycheck



    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdude View Post
    other bos-ers have a penis pic sharing club and i'm debating whether i want in on it or not


    ~just so i belong~
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdude View Post
    who cares about your timetable - you should be going into uni every day to study and do whatever regardless

  25. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Good schools in Western Suburbs

    Quote Originally Posted by eyeseeyou View Post
    Usually the good non selective schools are in the inner west (i.e. straithfield and burwood) and the northern surburbs

    Look at burwood girls as an example or a school like Mosman high or chatswood high
    I fully agree with this. But a lot of people are too piss poor to be living in these areas and lot of them lie about their addresses to get into these schools like Cherrybrook.

    Quote Originally Posted by eyeseeyou View Post
    Well there are some good non selective schools in western sydney. If you're referring to "western sydney" I'm assuming you're referring to north, "west" and south western sydney rather than "western western sydney" (i.e. parramatta, penrith, etc)

    Carlingford high is one, you've got sefton high, prariewood high, bonnyrigg high, canley vale high, cherrybrook tech and yeah that's all I know of atm
    Cherrybrook Tech is definitely not in Western Sydney and Carlingford is kind of borderline Western Sydney but not really. Their both in Northern Sydney.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •