Reason for James Ruse 1st in State and why is it not happening in other states? (1 Viewer)

confusedcourse

HSC
So we all know that JRAHS is consistently first in the state for the HSC, but when I look at other states such as Victoria and the VCE, it seems that even the top few change consistently and there is never a consistent top school in the VCE.
What is the reason for this difference?

Link for reference:
http://bettereducation.com.au/SchoolRanking.aspx

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

leehuan

HSC
Isn't Baulko number 1 now.
What.

@OP Just so you know, school rankings in NSW are based off "Success rate"

Success rate = (Number of band 6's that year)/(Number of exams sat that year) given as a percentage.

JRAHS will come first because internally, they have various means to secure a ton of band 6's.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Look around and think of other selective schools because they've got a similar principle to James Ruse

Shuuya

HSC
Soz, baulko is number 1 for selective school placement tests, not hsc
Pretty sure Ruse still needs the highest entrance scores for selective, not Baulko.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Pretty sure Ruse still needs the highest entrance scores for selective, not Baulko.
No I think he;s trying to say Baulko is the most popular school for selective school entry

Shuuya

HSC
No I think he;s trying to say Baulko is the most popular school for selective school entry
Entrance marks are determined by popularity though :p

(if I recall correctly)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I did terrible in selective lol

I did great in OC though :lol:

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I got 169 and I consider that as bad LOL
I was such a dumb fk at that time lel

enoilgam

HSC
James Ruse select the cream of the crop. Im sure I could turn Sydney FC into the world's best soccer team if I had the money and pull to attract names like Messi, Neymar, Bale, Ronaldo etc.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I never did OC. What was it like?
Pretty bad tbh. Like half the kids were like hypercompetitive asians, there were a lot of weird kids
Most people were fairly smart though, if very narrow minded. If I'm honest (don't get offended ahaha) a lot of the kids were kind of like eyeseeyou

Although to be fair, it was a better primary than the one I'd been going to before, so it was kinda worth it in the sense that my original primary was very like, uhm wild. I was fine with that but tbh I was also probably getting involved with some people I shouldn't have been - two of my previous friends have been to juvenile detention multiple times

what do u exactly mean by terrible?
I got I think 238 for OC, but then 209 for selective (not 100% on numbers but thereabouts)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Pretty bad tbh. Like half the kids were like hypercompetitive asians, there were a lot of weird kids
Most people were fairly smart though, if very narrow minded. If I'm honest (don't get offended ahaha) a lot of the kids were kind of like eyeseeyou

Although to be fair, it was a better primary than the one I'd been going to before, so it was kinda worth it in the sense that my original primary was very like, uhm wild. I was fine with that but tbh I was also probably getting involved with some people I shouldn't have been - two of my previous friends have been to juvenile detention multiple times

I got I think 238 for OC, but then 209 for selective (not 100% on numbers but thereabouts)
I got 169 and I consider that as bad LOL
I was such a dumb fk at that time lel

Bad, not as good as others, lower than average...what else would it mean Rathin?
I think the inherent ambiguity is pretty apparent if you compare my post with Rathin's ahahah

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
James Ruse has a very controlled environment. ie. compulsory subjects, restricted subjects, pressure from very early on. And this on top of ONLY taking the best the best coupled with obvious pressure from family irrefutably will render James Ruse consistently coming first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)