related texts for Brave New World (1 Viewer)

princesssuku99

HSC
Does anyone know any good related texts (preferably poems) for Brave New World?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Depending on how you analyse, i'd say try looking at some Bruce Dawe poems. Some of them are really good, especially for consumerism

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
V for Vendetta
The Giver
Snow piercer

3 dystopian films very related to the opposition against a seemingly "perfect" system.

Katebate

HSC
V for Vendetta
The Giver
Snow piercer

3 dystopian films very related to the opposition against a seemingly "perfect" system.
If you do a dystopian text, be very careful to focus on representation and people and politics not the dystopian similarities. Other texts include Piggybook (a picture book about gender politics).

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
If you do a dystopian text, be very careful to focus on representation and people and politics not the dystopian similarities. Other texts include Piggybook (a picture book about gender politics).
agree, i just did an assignment on this, and it required us to focus on how the text is constructed - i.e. how the creator of the text has used techniques to establish the reasons for the actions of people.

the exact question was: "How has the construction of your text revealed the reasons and impact for people's political motivations?"

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Just to throw my 2 cents, for our trials the question was:
"This is politics. People in power never abide by the same rules" Discuss the statement with relation to your prescribed and ONE other related

So as you can see, you need a related that is flexible that covers representation AND people AND politics

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Just to throw my 2 cents, for our trials the question was:
"This is politics. People in power never abide by the same rules" Discuss the statement with relation to your prescribed and ONE other related

So as you can see, you need a related that is flexible that covers representation AND people AND politics
That's a mad question

Kolmias

HSC
I remember my little sister reading this one. :tongue:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
@DatAtarLyfe how did you manage to answer a question like that? I literally can't answer a question like that

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
The Road Cormac McCarthy
The Charge of the Light Brigade Lord Tennyson
The Pedestrian Bradbury
We still Secrets(Documentary)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
@DatAtarLyfe how did you manage to answer a question like that? I literally can't answer a question like that
In relation to my prescribed, my main idea was that the government and political figures abuse their powers and create fascist regimes, to which they utilise to create stability. It is through this representation of the composers perceptive that shapes the ideals of the reader and questions social normalities
Tbh, i cant really remember exactly what i wrote, i literally just let my hands write without thinking

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
In relation to my prescribed, my main idea was that the government and political figures abuse their powers and create fascist regimes, to which they utilise to create stability. It is through this representation of the composers perceptive that shapes the ideals of the reader and questions social normalities
Tbh, i cant really remember exactly what i wrote, i literally just let my hands write without thinking
Wow, so it was really luck for you?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Wow, so it was really luck for you?
actually no i had to pull that shit out of my ass on the spot. I would've been lucky if they asked a question about representation or people but i didn't account for the politics.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
To OP: next time please post this in the English sub forum, greatly appreciate it if you could save me the trouble to move this thread to the appropriate forum next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)