Am I missing out on life?Things to do before leaving highschool (1 Viewer)

ninjia

HSC
N/A
Hello, I am nearing the end of year 10 and i guess it has just occurred to me that i may be missing out on life?
I have completed Bronze Duke of Ed, and upon meeting some people at the test camp who are not from my school, it made me start questioning if I was missing out on what most teenagers do (like as in summer camps, volunteering etc, not drugs...)
i spend most of my weekends doing assignments or going out with family, and i just go straight back home most of the time after school
No extra curricular outside of school either......
Although i do have a job, im the only teenager at my workplace

But i really like meeting new people and new experiences so i sometimes feel like im missing out ....
My parents tell me that i can do all those things in Uni, but i feel like there are some things which you can only do in highschool, am i correct in saying that?
So any suggestions about what i need to do before leaving highschool?

Currently considering joining CRU camps, scouts, girl guides or some sporting team, but worried about costs and how they might interfer with studies.

( I'm not too competitive, not into things where you go to lots of comps far away. Just in it for fun)

Orwell

HSC
Life begins after the HSC. I've always worried that I'm missing out on life, don't worry.

Orwell

HSC
Guess there's no life after all.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Highschool for me was all about improving my academics and my marks so my whole life was consumed with study and I didn't regret that one bit. I did some extra-curricular stuff like debating, sports and did some after school activities but that was because my school and my situation allowed for it.

Highschool is honestly what you make of it, you can already say having a part time job and doing the Duke of Ed during highschool is you making the most of 'life'. Studying is already very important and you could leave highschool only having focused on your academics and still achieve a considerable amount of things.

But as everyone is saying, life does sort of begin after Highschool, or in other words, there is so much time after school to do everything you couldn't during it.

Flop21

HSC
It sounds like you're doing more than most in high school. I can't think of anything you're missing out on.

But it does sound like you'll love uni. There's so many people you can meet. So many events. So many workshops. It's great.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
if you have any school clubs i would recommend joining those, they're what I spent my time on during high school - i got to meet new people from different grades which was lovely to get cards from on graduation (eheh) and have fun during and after school too. I ended up running the drama society until year 11 which was nice and did theatresports in year 11 too.

Maybe if you have any hobbies you can work on them at home, like playing instruments or painting or learning something new - that can make you feel like you are doing something even if its not with other people. But you can do that during uni too, if you are worried about time and money and stuff :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)