EAS application rejected. (1 Viewer)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
My grandfather passed away during the first week of trials. So my mom, who usually took care of me since rest of family had work/moved out, had went overseas to attend to the funeral, causing a 'change in home environment' blahblahblah. Grief, and these changes in responsibilities, had changed my study patterns and sleeping patterns, which, long story short, made me miss my Eng Paper 2. I rescheduled and ended up doing it though.

I applied for EAS, signed it and filled out what I pretty much told you guys above, and since I required the signature of an outside/non-relative, I enquired my coordinator. He read the description I wrote and rejected it, since the educational impact was less than 6 months -.-. I considered the impact pretty big since it was at least like 30% of all my HSC subject marks, am I out of luck?

I'm wondering if my case is seriously viable for EAS. I've heard that the cases can be pretty broad.

Flop21

HSC
Disadvantages that occur after October 2016 are not eligible for
EAS consideration, as the disadvantage/s can no longer impact the
applicant’s educational performance and qualifi cations that will be
used when applying for admission.

Disadvantages may extend beyond the end of October 2016, but
must have impacted the applicant’s educational performance for
six months before that time.
So did it happen before October? If yes, you are eligible. Not sure who your "coordinator" is, but it sounds like they're just someone from your school. Find another teacher/person at your school to sign it if they refuse to read the actual eligibility EAS documents.

Booklet can be found here: http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/eas/eas-booklet.pdf

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
So did it happen before October? If yes, you are eligible. Not sure who your "coordinator" is, but it sounds like they're just someone from your school. Find another teacher/person at your school to sign it if they refuse to read the actual eligibility EAS documents.

Booklet can be found here: http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/eas/eas-booklet.pdf
It happened during <s>October. >"First week of trials"</s> September

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
It happened during October. >"First week of trials"
How am I suppose to know when you're trials are?

gg if you read the eligibility document, you would have already known you're not eligible.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
How am I suppose to know when you're trials are?

gg if you read the eligibility document, you would have already known you're not eligible.
mbmb

Oh nvm. I got confused. It happened in September, so I'll give it another try. Doesn't after October usually mean like during November you're not eligible? Because that'll mean after HSC exams end, which is when your "qualifications" are finished.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Actually my issue was that it was less than 6 months. EAS specifically says long-term, but I'm wondering if it's possible to still get bonus points, especially since it was doing my trials - a significant portion of my HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)