IPT vs ITM vs SDD (1 Viewer)

OriginalCopy

HSC
Hey! I'm a yr 10 student and I was wondering if anybody could explain the differences between ipt, sdd and itm?

(Side note: I want to do a subject which deals with coding and not editing images or videos, so could you recommend the best subject out of them all?)

Thank you!

Flop21

HSC
SDD is Software Design and Development, deals with programming which is the one you want.

ITM is multimedia, dealing with editing images and videos etc. (I did some web dev in mine, but the focus is on media really). So not what you want.

I don't know the difference between IPT and SDD, but here is a thread discussing it: http://community.boredofstudies.org...326046/what-should-i-choose-software-ipt.html

There are more with a google search, but ultimately I think SDD is right for you and useful.

OriginalCopy

HSC
SDD is Software Design and Development, deals with programming which is the one you want.

ITM is multimedia, dealing with editing images and videos etc. (I did some web dev in mine, but the focus is on media really). So not what you want.

I don't know the difference between IPT and SDD, but here is a thread discussing it: http://community.boredofstudies.org...326046/what-should-i-choose-software-ipt.html

There are more with a google search, but ultimately I think SDD is right for you and useful.
Thanks! My IST teacher had confused me by telling us that IPT was all coding and ITM was a mix of everything (I don't think she even knew that SDD existed coz she never said anything about it). Anyways, thanks for the link!

unidentified

HSC
N/A
I'm currently doing SDD as a subject at school. SDD involves mostly coding (and a lot of theory), while IPT mainly involves spreadsheets.
I guess that you could look at the 'Resources' section of this website and compare what you'll be learning in class, so you'll have a better idea of what to choose.

Last edited:

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
If you want coding then don't even go near IPT, there's no coding at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)