what to do if you do terrible in year 12 (1 Viewer)

boredsatan

HSC
What can I do if I do terrible in year 12? Is my life going to be horrible if I perform poorly in school. Is there any way to get into good courses ?
Would love some insight

Mathew587

HSC
You'll get a bad ATAR. No. Transfering from one course to another, post grad, doing a similar course at a different uni are all pathways.
Study hard during year 12 and do your best. Have an aim and have back ups in case you don't get in to first preference. Talk to people so that you ain't sad all the time and excersice as well. Ask more questions if you have any. And don't forget to study.

And with that I need to follow my own advice. :)

laradicks

HSC
My brother got an atar of 43 and he's in university at the moment. Fortunately many universities are starting to look at "alternate criteria", ie. they do not judge you solely on your marks. I know that Macquarie university (which has a stunning campus and amazing lecturers) offers alternate entry. This means that you are able to gain entry to most courses even if you do really badly in year 12. I'd suggest looking at the university you're planning to go to (if you are planning to go to university at all) and research their entry schemes.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
My brother got an atar of 43 and he's in university at the moment. Fortunately many universities are starting to look at "alternate criteria", ie. they do not judge you solely on your marks. I know that Macquarie university (which has a stunning campus and amazing lecturers) offers alternate entry. This means that you are able to gain entry to most courses even if you do really badly in year 12. I'd suggest looking at the university you're planning to go to (if you are planning to go to university at all) and research their entry schemes.
uts also has something similar: https://www.insearch.edu.au/

try not to let your performance in year 12 discourage you from university.

that being said, if you're failing maths don't try to become an engineer

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't feel obliged to go to uni. There are plenty of different careers where you can get more satisfaction/make more money etc. Don't feel you have to do it for any reason.

Mathew587

HSC
Don't feel obliged to go to uni. There are plenty of different careers where you can get more satisfaction/make more money etc. Don't feel you have to do it for any reason.
Good advice. I go to a low-ranking school and the school promotes tafe/college/work/defence for those who most likely won't get into uni. The defence seems like a great way to get a degree in your chosen field and get work afterwards- and this is especially good if you're patriotic or if you want to do aeronautical and don't want to end up making missles for Boeing or Russia or something. And remember TAFE is safe :)

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
Tbh if you learn a trade and are business savvy you'll most likely make more than people who have gone to university

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Become an electrician, good money and easy on the body as you age. If you decide to go to Uni later you could possibly do electrical engineering or something to build on your practical skillset - or just do cashies on the side whilst you study as a mature age student.

Work as a correctional officer - great money and minimal educational requirements.

Alternatively, go fuck around for a year sit STAT through ACER and go study somewhere chill and basically fuck off all that HSC pressure.

boredsatan

HSC
So if I get bad grades (<50%) it's not really the end of the world?

boredsatan

HSC
Bump!
Is it possible to have a normal life after doing terrible in high school?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Bump!
Is it possible to have a normal life after doing terrible in high school?
Everyone literally answered your question above.

High school is not needed. People are homeschooled and do just fine.

If you're still asking the exact same question that was answered in the first place, I would think you're trolling.

boredsatan

HSC
Everyone literally answered your question above.

High school is not needed. People are homeschooled and do just fine.

If you're still asking the exact same question that was answered in the first place, I would think you're trolling.
I have no intention of trolling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)